Home

What's your take on the silence from Tiburon?

This is a discussion on What's your take on the silence from Tiburon? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What does the silence mean to you?
It means there's not much new this year to talk about. 40 30.30%
It means they're holding out till E3 to drop bombs of info. 30 22.73%
It means they're tired of the complaining, so they just shut up. 39 29.55%
It means nothing. 23 17.42%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #25
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: What's your take on the silence from Tiburon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Just saying it won't be "Megaton" info.
What are you looking for??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #26
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Franchise, franchise, franchise.

THey haven't talked about it yet, so I;m hoping for big things come E3. If not....

Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 24

Not bothered by it. Last year, alot of things were shown/talked about that didn't make it into the final game, and Ian and co. were blasted for it.

I'm just waiting for E3 to see a slew of actual gameplay vids. We'll then see what's what.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #28
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I think it's better to have less hype and just deliver a good game. I think Madden last year promised so much that even though it was worlds better than 09 so many people were still disappointed and EA learned their lesson. Less hype, just bring it is probably their motto now.
Amen. I'd rather them under promise and over deliver. Sand bag it!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Guys..Guys..GUYS!!!!!!!

We go through the same ish every single year. "AHH WAIT TILL E3"..

Tell me what news did we get from E3 last year that we didn't know 2 weeks before the event? Whatever is released in the PR is most likely what were going to get. which is improved locomotion,Gameflow, and improved audio/presentation.

I've been here to long and know the routine lol. This is it guys lol.

Sorry but it is.
I have to agree with this. Why people think that "this year will be different" is beyond me, given past history. They will show Madden off at E3. But if history is any indication (and I think it is), they'll just continue to show off what they've already talked about and attempt to hype it up even further.

IMHO, those looking for ground-breaking offline franchise mode news will most likely be disappointed as EA has most likely made some tweaks to the mode, but that's about it.

IMHO.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
The rest will be improvements or additions to current modes like Franchise, Superstar and online Franchise.
I suspect you may be right about online franchise (since EA seems very eager to focus on that), but I doubt the other two.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #31
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Play Fifa 09, then Fifa 10 if you think Locomotion is a "gimmick". It changes the game completely. It's a huge upgrade if Madden implements it like they did in Fifa.
Fifa is a completely different game IMO. It's a much easier game to replicate through video-games because there's not much pro-longed player-to-player interaction in a game. The tackles usually last for 1 second and the ball is quickly put back into play. That's why locomotion was such a logical addition to fifa. It greatly improved the improvement during 80% of the game when there was no real player contact.

Madden on the other hand, involves almost the exact opposite ratio. You see a tackle on every play, if not 2-3 attempted tackles. Player-interaction is extremely pivotal in the game of football. That's why EA Tiburon spent most of Madden 10's cycle developing Pro-Tak system. The logic was simple. Improve the biggest part of football (the tackling), and you will create a truly revolutionary game. Of course, opinion on whether Pro-Tak actually revolutionized the football genre is extremely varied. But if you were generally unimpressed with Pro-Tak (as I was), you're probably going to get the same thing in Madden 11. Because "Locomotion" wasn't added to expand Pro-Tak per se. It's a system added primarily to make the non-tackling portion of the game more realistic. If you look at the trailer, you'll see Reggie Bush now slightly varies his rushing posture in between tackles (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-v_eNOd-yI). Everything else looks generally the same. It's a decent addition, but let's not expect it to epicly change the game of video game football like it did with Fifa. Because again, improving player-interaction is a lot more pivitol in recreating a realistic game of football.

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 06-02-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Oh I agree that it won't be quite as a huge change in Madden/NCAA as it was in FIFA but it will still be huge IMO. Think of all the times you run around a corner and cut back in football games. Think of all the times you run forward, and need to pull up before someone runs by you. How about the wide open nature of kickoff and punt returns? I think you're really understimating just how much it will affect the game. Sure a lot of plays in football are 2 seconds and then a tackle but there are also a lot of plays where you are running around and locomotion will greatly affect how you interact with everyone on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »