Home

Franchise speculations

This is a discussion on Franchise speculations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Franchise speculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
Nah,I was saying have all that stuff run in conjuction with the yearly "storyline" being told by the commentary.For instance,if Im playing with the Redskins in year 1 of my franchise.Every game the commentary is adding more to a our storyline.Like how Mcnabb is playing week after week and how coach Shanahan is bringing the team along etc.The news and highlight shows would work within this yearly storyline by focusing their articles,like last-gen and video commentary,like 2k on last-gen on these topics.
The paper would write about is Mcnabb a good fit early in the year than if has a bad year year write about Washington maybe drafting a QB.Video highlight commentary would make comments like the redskins new coach Mike Shanahan got his first win today and later in the year talk about him either managing to get the Redskins in the playoffs or having alot of work left to do.

Stuff like that,year after year for each User controlled team.CPU teams stuff could be much more general to focus on giving gamers that RPG like feel with their user controlled team or teams.
Gotcha.

That would be a nice touch. But like I said, for me personally, the only thing that matters at this point is a functioning, somewhat challenging, accurate stat-generating offline franchise. I dabble online from time to time, but I play offline franchise 99% of the time. I just think it's inexcusable that the franchise in the current generation is actually a step or two backwards from previous gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I think this is close to the top or at the top of every franchise players wishlist but don't forget this was actually in Madden on the last gen for a year or two so its not impossible.
I've played every Madden since 1998 and up to Madden 08 on PSX and PS2. I don't recall ever being able to trade future draft picks.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #67
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
agreed...
offline franchise mode is what made me buy every madden up till now, but I've had it with the absolutely poor versions the last couple of years. If they haven't made huge improvements this year I won't buy it.

I reckon most of the e3 news will concern online franchise...which will leave me gutted, as I couldn't care less about online franchise
I'm in the same boat. I want OFFLINE news. That is the only mode I play, and if online gets all the news I will also be sick.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

I also could care less about online and would love to see offline chise enhanced. But from all the things I have seen so far it seems that they have their targets set on online gamers and how to pull in more. Obviously there is extra revenue to be made from online so I see the point but what about all of us who do not play online ? Its really getting frustrating..

If there is no news about chise soon I would have to think we can expect the same old thing.. Which is getting pretty drab.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Agreed. But of course, after very little is said at E3 regarding franchise, then the common refrain will be "we still have x weeks until release, they'll probably release some info sometime before then".
This!! It'll also be the statement used if the gameplay videos still look like crap..."that wasn't the final build" and "they still have time to fix/tweak it"...but, we've all seen how that's worked out in the past.

What we DO see at E3 is basically what we get at retail. Sure, maybe some little tweaks, but nothing gamechanging.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #70
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Online is where the money is and sadly that seems to be EA's goal. Whilst Ian and co may not entirely represent that viewpoint, the guy writing their cheques is of that opinion.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 5

If Extra Point isn't enhanced with highlights of every game... FAIL. MAJOR FAIL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #72
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

How about they get the right highlights from our actual game first. Nobody wants to see a 3 yard run..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »