Home

Isn't know the time for madden to take those big risks on improving the game?

This is a discussion on Isn't know the time for madden to take those big risks on improving the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Isn't know the time for madden to take those big risks on improving the game?

I mean they are the only people putting out a true NFL game. People are going to buy the game regardless. Why not take some risks and try and really improve the gameplay. I feel like last gen Madden took alot of risks with new features, some payed off some didn't, but it was a better game for it. But now we get things like gameflow, which is nothing more than ask madden 2.0. I don't understand the logic they are using.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Isn't know the time for madden to take those big risks on improving the game?

It's "Now" not "Know"
In any case I think Madden 10 was a nice step in the right direction and I can't wait for Madden 11. Madden needs a brand new engine IMO as the current one is pretty much tapped.
Again IMO...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Isn't know the time for madden to take those big risks on improving the game?

i think the best thing that could happen is if ea buys out natural motion and madden 2012 fully implements euphoria but with maddens cameras, presentation etc and of course the full nfl licence treatment
Old 06-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

The thing is back then Roger Goodell wasn't incharge at the time. Since Roger took over the NFL. He has restricted EA from doing somethings with madden in the next Gen madden. Like not allowing Tattoos in the game and so on. It ain't that EA want's to take risk. Roger Goodell will not allow EA to do it without his permission point blank. So if you want to blame anyone. Then blame Roger Goodell and not EA.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 55

Given the economic climate, I think the opposite of the thread title is true. EA intends to take as little risk as possible to ensure they keep their fan base and don't lose it to competing video games. Madden is consistently released before the big holiday titles drop (I think). They could easily lose sales to those games if they blow up the traditional feel of Madden.

Is it the "right" thing to do? Not my job to decide. It just explains their actions.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
The thing is back then Roger Goodell wasn't incharge at the time. Since Roger took over the NFL. He has restricted EA from doing somethings with madden in the next Gen madden. Like not allowing Tattoos in the game and so on. It ain't that EA want's to take risk. Roger Goodell will not allow EA to do it without his permission point blank. So if you want to blame anyone. Then blame Roger Goodell and not EA.
Roger Goddell became the commish in 2006...Madden '06 came out in late '05 (around the time of the 360's debut) and Paul Tagliabue was the commissioner then, and Madden '06 (next gen) didn't have tats. And when you think about it, Madden never accurately represented tats on a player the way NBA games do, even in last gen Madden games. Yes the game actually had tats, but everyone had generic tats except for a few players actually having a tat on their neck that is barely visible (Charles Tillman is one I believe.)

I know it's the cool thing to hate on Goodell because he holds people accountable and all, but he's not the reason for inaccurate representation of players' ink in Madden games.

Edit: and I agree with Skyboxer. I made this comment before in another thread: people always talk about Madden as if it's its own entity, like "Madden" spawns itself every year from some sort of ooze and can control it's content. People make decisions about the direction of the franchise...the guy that was doing that before Ian was taking the game in the wrong direction...Ian is seemingly on the same page with a lot of the fanbase and is attempting to right the ship. It has nothing to do with competition and taking risks.

Positional weapons was a risk, and it failed and so did the person who decided that it would be a good addition to the game.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 06-02-2010 at 07:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »