Home

Which ratings are known to not effect anything?

This is a discussion on Which ratings are known to not effect anything? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Which ratings are known to not effect anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
I have set all the ratings to 0 for a o-lineman and had the same results as when i had them all set to 99 similiar things have been tested hundreds if not thousands of times on these boards with the same result.
And I have tested each ratings myself and beg to differ...in fact I've done it for 3years and not just on Offensive Linemen

I think some of you guys are full of it because I've seen a difference between a poor pass blocking LT and good Pass blcoking LT

So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this debate.....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I don't think Spectacular Catch and Catch in Traffic "kick in" for defense. I think they're only for offense.

Also, I remember reading that CIT takes over for CTH when in traffic. So of a guy has 79 CTH and 90 CIT, he will become a 90 once there are people in the area.
Put a DB at 99 Spectacular catch and watch him react differently when the ball is in the air from a DB that has 45 Spetacular catch.

I've done this with several created DB's like Deion Sanders and he's always trying to make an acrobatic play on the ball if the situation dictates it.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #27
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Put a DB at 99 Spectacular catch and watch him react differently when the ball is in the air from a DB that has 45 Spetacular catch.

I've done this with several created DB's like Deion Sanders and he's always trying to make an acrobatic play on the ball if the situation dictates it.
I'll take you word for it. When you fooled around with SPC, did you notice that only guys 90+ had certain animations? I think that is still left over from the Weapons, guys have to be 90+ for it to have an impact.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:49 AM   #28
All Star

OVR: 33

CIT CATCH and SPC all work for DB's too.

Ratings shud be lower across the board.

In FIFA, the highest player overall is 95, then 93, then about 5 between 90-92.

A tremendous starter is 85. A good starter is 80. An Elite is about 87+

And of course, there's thousands upon thousands of football players in fifa compared to madden.

No more 99 overall.

Peyton Manning shud be 94, drew brees 93 and everyone else lower.

Heck, there people rated 30 overall in FIFA representing the absolute worst players in the lowest leagues.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:10 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
I'll take you word for it. When you fooled around with SPC, did you notice that only guys 90+ had certain animations? I think that is still left over from the Weapons, guys have to be 90+ for it to have an impact.
Yes,

If you put a guy up high between 90-99 for SPC you'll see different animations that are triggered for that WR going after the ball as opposed to a WR with 70 or even 80 SPC

What I've noticed is 90+ ratings in certain areas trigger animations that you don't normaly see out the players...

For example I've seen RB's pick up blitzers off the edge and steam roll them kinda like how Emmitt Smith used to do in pass protection for Dallas.

The key is the RB's must have a very high Pass Block Footwork rating and IMPACT Block Rating. Then if their awareness is high around 85+ you'll see the best animations in the game for blitz pickups by RB's

The problem is EA doesn't assign high ratings for RB's in the blocking categories...so people don't get to see them perform very well in pass protection and in return they assume the Pass Blocking logic is terrible in the game.

It's not the ratings it's the way the ratings are assigned that makes people think they don't work.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:18 AM   #30
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Yes,

If you put a guy up high between 90-99 for SPC you'll see different animations that are triggered for that WR going after the ball as opposed to a WR with 70 or even 80 SPC

What I've noticed is 90+ ratings in certain areas trigger animations that you don't normaly see out the players...

For example I've seen RB's pick up blitzers off the edge and steam roll them kinda like how Emmitt Smith used to do in pass protection for Dallas.

The key is the RB's must have a very high Pass Block Footwork rating and IMPACT Block Rating. Then if their awareness is high around 85+ you'll see the best animations in the game for blitz pickups by RB's

The problem is EA doesn't assign high ratings for RB's in the blocking categories...so people don't get to see them perform very well in pass protection and in return they assume the Pass Blocking logic is terrible in the game.

It's not the ratings it's the way the ratings are assigned that makes people think they don't work.
Yeah, I believe it. I thought the stretched ratings last year were pretty effective in certain areas. QB play was definitely different.

Did you change ratings for a roster set, or did you just experiment. I'd like to see how you re-rated everyone. Did you do the same for NCAA?
Old 06-04-2010, 03:57 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I believe it. I thought the stretched ratings last year were pretty effective in certain areas. QB play was definitely different.

Did you change ratings for a roster set, or did you just experiment. I'd like to see how you re-rated everyone. Did you do the same for NCAA?
In Madden I only experimented with the ratings but I never changed any players because i'd feel guilty changing ratings in Madden.

But in NCAA I basically used the Madden ratings to improve the game play in NCAA football....I was able to edit and change player ratings in NCAA 10 because I wasn't using the default college players.

I created my own squads in the game...my signature link has all of the rosters for the college game

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 49

Im prety sure that the only ones that ever did anything was speed. Maybe I'm wrong. Ive just never noticed much difference when messing with them.

This year, with locomotion, it looks like were up to 2 attributes working, speed and agility. Hopefully they have time to get a few others working.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »