Home

Replays after challengeable plays?

This is a discussion on Replays after challengeable plays? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #17
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Replays after challengeable plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
it doesnt matter how many replays we watch...when we decide to challege whether or not it was a catch, Madden will challenge the spot of the ball
fix what we have before adding even more into a broken feature
This right here! I am quick to give Ian and team propers for Madden 10 but the reason Ian gave for this,makes no sense,IMO.He said(Im paraphrasing) because no matter what specific thing you challenge in an actual NFL game,the refs review everything so there is no need to select what you want to challenge.That's great......FOR THE ACTUAL NFL!LOL

WTF does that have to do with challenges in Madden?

The refs in Madden dont review everything on the play,as far as I can tell.Countless times I have wanted to challenge if the ball hit the ground on a low catch and the challenge replay videos and commentary act as if the refs are reviewing the spot of the ball.

If Ian is suggesting that the refs in Madden 10 are reviewing the entire play like an actual NFL game,then something needs to be done about how that's displayed in-game.Maybe they should show a longer replay video of the challenged play than what they do now and have the commentary mention that the refs are checking everything during the challenge review.

I agree that something needs to be done though.

Last edited by tlc12576; 06-06-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:46 AM   #18
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Replays after challengeable plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
No coaches don't get a few looks before wanting to challenging the play. The upstair booth is the only one that gets a second and third look before deciding to buzz the coach to challenge. So bro you got it upside down. P.S. Also you don't see coaches getting second looks on sunday. It's the job of the guys upstairs in the booth that gives the go ahead.
Yes they do, they almost always watch the jumbotron before they throw the red flag.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »