Home

Looks like Progression is pre determined

This is a discussion on Looks like Progression is pre determined within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Looks like Progression is pre determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
They had Miles Austin capped at a B in M10, and I hated it. After his break out year, I wanted to take him all the way and turn him into a legendary WR, but I couldn't due to that lame 'max' potential limitation. I really hope they adopt the Fifa (PES) approach this year so we can enjoy making any player legendary if we have the skill/desire to do so.
Actually you can raise any ones potential in Madden 10.

Go to roster management outside of franchise.

Raise Miles Austin's Overall to whatever you want (99ovr let's just say).

Keep your changes.

Now go back and return his ratings to what they were.

Now make a Franchise with the 'Boys and sort by potential. MA will have the highest A potential.

Only problem is, you couldn't lower anyone's potential.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
Actually you can raise any ones potential in Madden 10.

Go to roster management outside of franchise.

Raise Miles Austin's Overall to whatever you want (99ovr let's just say).

Keep your changes.

Now go back and return his ratings to what they were.

Now make a Franchise with the 'Boys and sort by potential. MA will have the highest A potential.

Only problem is, you couldn't lower anyone's potential.
That's not a bad fix as long as you remember to do it for any players you're interested in obtaining. Wish I would have known that last year. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep it in mind if I play M11. Trying to get clarification on the popup Ads from M10 from Ian right now. He just tweeted they'd be at every change of possession, but not sure if they'll be like last year. If they are, then everything's moot, as I won't be playing M11 at all. No way I'm watching popup Ads again in a video game. No way at all.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #19
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Max progression ability was predetermined. I think someone posted info on how it works in Fifa, and how the max progression ability could go up/down each year depending on performance. I'd like to see that implemented in Madden. Saying that a guy has a max potential just doesn't make sense. There are a ton of guys that have over achieved based on their size / expectations where a max potential never would have made sense.
There is a difference between expectation and potential. Tom Brady had very low expectations yet his potential was sky high. Others like Peyton have expectations and potential were even.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hope this news is true.

This is good news for those of us who recognise that in real life players do have a potential limit. And that you can't take an average player and turn him into Walter Payton just by giving him the ball 300 times. This also means that franchises don't get broken over time by having a team max out thanks to a spiraling and practically unstoppable vicious circle of performance based progression.

But I really hope they fix the real problem which is that potential needs to be hidden from the player. It is ridiculous that I can know whether or not a rookie is destined to be a future All-Pro immediately after I sign him.

Also they need to put an end to the easy pre-draft scouting module which gives away way too much information about future potential.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #21
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
There is a difference between expectation and potential. Tom Brady had very low expectations yet his potential was sky high. Others like Peyton have expectations and potential were even.
In M10 players have a potential rating that provides a ceiling for what they can achieve ratings wise, and affects their skill degradation in the final years of their career as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #22
Rookie

In reality this thread shouldn't exist because potential should be an editable rating.

EA needs to realize this is OUR game. We should be able to edit any rating anytime and be able to edit draft classes.

If we want to cheat and make our favorite college players 99ovr from the beginning, let us.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
If I'm reading that right, it means that their overall isn't capped then? Meaning the highest they could ever become?
Actually they are. There is a pre-determined overall score for each player and it sucks. Also I've scored 20 plus goals with a 70 rated player and at the end of the year he just got a 2 rating increase. Fifa progression system is quite bad if you ask me.

To me in-season progression was great back in the day.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 55

I'm thinking the max is pre-determined, but how tehy get there isn't necessarily. In ACQB online dynasty, I've seen young, high potential players fail to progress and old guys fail to regress.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »