Home

The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is

This is a discussion on The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is

I liked the head coach ebay thing for negotiations...Who's with me?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 36

me. Though sometimes it got outrageous in price, it definitely was more difficult (or should I say, more REALISTIC) trying to control your cap. I always have 30-40 million in cap room in Madden, it's tough to have 10 in HC09.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #11
MVP

thats the point..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 42

Yeah...the more of Head Coach they bring over the better. But It still needs tweaked.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #13
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I would actually like for contract negotiations to be.............well.......a negotiation. It's pretty much, the player wants 36 mil and you either give it to him minus a few dollars or you don't. There really isn't a negotiation at all. I'd like the player to tell me what he wants and I give him a counter offer and he gives me a counter offer and so on and so on until we agree or disagree on a contract.
This reminds me of one of my very early posts on OS last year.I was talking about a substitution for the lack of a salary cap in online franchise but it would work great if added to offline franchise too,IMO.Read it and let me know what you guys think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
As a substitution for the lack of a salary cap in online franchise,I was wondering if the madden dev team could implement a ncaa football 09 dynasty concept.Since the online franchise is server-based,maybe a player recruitment style system could be added before its released.A salary cap system may be difficult to transition to online play or take a long time to add but a player recruitment system may be fairly easy to implement since ncaa football 09 offers a blueprint with its online dynasty.

Some tweaks could be made to create a nfl-style player promise recruitment system like players wanting to be guaranteed a starting postion for a certain amount of years,a certain range of carries(RB),a certain percentage of balls thrown their way(WR/TE),solid pass protection/offensive weapons to throw to(QB),to be top ranked in specific team defensive catagorizes like pass d,run d,redzone d,etc(DL/LB/DB),strong special teams blocking/tackling(KR/PR/K/P)and a certain amount of winning seasons and playoff/superbowl appearances.Higher rated players would require more difficult to accomplish promises and more of them.For example,a Payton Manning/Champ Bailey caliber player might require 5 or 6 strong promises,one being a superbowl appearance within 2 years but a Jason Campbell/Dre Bly caliber player might only require 3 or 4 easier to achieve promises one being a playoff appearance within 3 years.(madden 09 had a system similar to this in offline franchise for sponsorships).If promises are not kept,players could then refuse to play and demand to be traded or released.This would also affect the ability to recruit other players in the future,just like in ncaa football 2010.

Thats just an idea I had and I was wondering what you guys out there thought about my idea.Let me know if you guys think thats a good idea or not.If you dont think my idea is a good one,tell me why and also post what you think would be a good idea to make up for the lack of an online franchise salary cap.Maybe the powers that be will see this thread and use one of our ideas or a mixture of our ideas to create some kind of substitute for online franchise salary cap before madden 10 is released.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #14
MVP

Meh..kind of gimmicky..No offense
Old 06-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

Making FA and contracts more enjoyable and realistic would be nice

It is one of the many of things that offline franchise needs to improve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #16
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Meh..kind of gimmicky..No offense
No offense taken but what do you mean by "gimmicky"?LOL
Im basically just saying take the scouting system from NCAA Football and mix it in with Maddens' contract signing process.Seems like it would be pretty easy to do and would add greater depth to it,IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »