Home

The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is

This is a discussion on The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #25
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is

Totally, 100% agree. This is an inexcusable bug this year in franchise, made the mode ALMOST unplayable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The thing I REALLY want fixed in Franchise mode is

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
That's not entirely true and fundamentally incorrect. There are some players who do excel after their 10th year (Terrel Owens, off the top of my head), but a vast majority of players start declining after year 5 or 6, regardless of their stats the year before. Some star players stand out (WRs, mostly). Some players go into slow decline (defense, QBs). Some players hit a wall (RBs). I know a video game is just a vague simulation of real life, but I thought Madden did emulate the fact that late 20s, early 30s years are not kind to any type of football player, regardless of stats (if you think Thomas Jones is going to have the same year as last you are insane).
Yea your right, but I was talking about the players you draft in future draft classes in the off season when your regular season is finished (For example Jack English, Michael Bolt ect.) If you ever play offline franchise and simulate a lot of the games and go through many seasons you realize that a lot, these players automatically go down in their 10th or 11th years even though they had a good previous season and a good career so far. This doesnt happen to all of the players, some of them will not go down which is good. Anyway, overall I think that main thing to be fixed is contract negotiations for the reasons everyone has said and maybe some minor fixes to player progression if really neccessary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »