Home

Is online franchise important to you?

This is a discussion on Is online franchise important to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Does online franchise feature affect your purchase?
Yes, a major factor 74 36.10%
Yes, but only a small factor 18 8.78%
No, none at all 113 55.12%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #49
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Is online franchise important to you?

Online franchise is the only thing thats important to me. If the guys from my league decide to not buy madden 11 then I sure wont. In fact I never bought M10 a friend gave it to me when he got bored with it.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
I don't like this question or the responses. Why? We all know that Offline and Online franchise crowds are a similar but definitely different breed...but I don't think EA realizes that. Case in point: Online franchise doesn't get used much, what do they do? They not only neglect online but offline, too. Their rationale must be "O well no one likes franchise anymore." For this reason, having a poll on OS that shows most gamers don't care about ONLINE franchise is bad, because EA will look at it and see it as compelling evidence that franchise is not where the money's at, with no distinction between offline/online. Whether we like it or not, offline and online are more or less in the same boat. Improving one will probably help the other...but, of course, the opposite is in effect as well.
Totally agree with this
Old 06-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 39

i would only care about online franchise if it effected development for offline franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Im sorry but being a top 100 ranked player is not an accomplishment. Any player I have ever played in the "Top Madden Rankings" is a 100% cheeze infested crappy game using exploits, rocket catch, going for it on 4th down. I find it hard to believe you didn't do any of that stuff and were able to crack the top 100.
"Cheeze" is just another way to say I cant beat you.

In 09 I was pretty staright up. No nanos, no rocket catch, but I did go for it on 4th down whether it was 4th and inches or 4th and 30 and I ran the same play over and over cause it was money. Ching ching. TD every time.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 7

Online franchise is the only mode that I played in M10 and even with the same stripped down engine, it's the only mode I'll play in M11.

The fact that EA doesn't consider this a successful mode for M10 is more a symptom of the typical gamer's attention span than it is the lack of features IMO. You could have salary cap, randomized drafts, training camp, scouting, build-a-team, and whatever other wishlist items and it wouldn't change the fact that not many gamers are THAT committed to playing 10 or more years of a franchise (even 2 years is a pretty big accomplishment in most cases). I don't really care how many gamers are playing the OF personally. I only care that the 31 other guys that I'm playing with are committed ballers who have respect for REAL* football.

Sure, I'm pissed that EA didn't put any time into improving my favorite feature of this game, but that isn't going to stop me from buying M11. I'll continue to enjoy playing dedicated gamers who are more about winning championships through diverse game play than improving their online ranking through cheese.

*Virtually "real" at least
Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #54
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Online Franchise is nice, but not important to me. However Offline Franchise is very important to me.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #55
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

No, I only play Offline Franchise and online ranked games.

Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasfavres
"Cheeze" is just another way to say I cant beat you.

In 09 I was pretty staright up. No nanos, no rocket catch, but I did go for it on 4th down whether it was 4th and inches or 4th and 30 and I ran the same play over and over cause it was money. Ching ching. TD every time.
that's exactly why i hate online games in madden... there are some plays that have always one route open and are like cheating (I know the plays and refuse to use them)+ the fact that a lot of people are going for it on every 4th down is a point, why i hate online play. It's competative but it has not a lot to do with football. and thats why i'am not interested in online franchise. I would only play it with some friends that try to play realistic but thats about 3 players.... not enough for a online franchise.
And as long as not even basic features are in Online Franchise i could not even think about playing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »