Home

Is online franchise important to you?

This is a discussion on Is online franchise important to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Does online franchise feature affect your purchase?
Yes, a major factor 74 36.10%
Yes, but only a small factor 18 8.78%
No, none at all 113 55.12%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Is online franchise important to you?

EA recently announced Madden 11 will have no online franchise upgrades. The reason cited was a lack of participation for the online franchise feature. I am in two online franchise leagues with 56 total members. I see message boards for other leagues. Am I just nieve in thinking the utilization is good and would be higher if EA continued to build the feature (ie free agency and a salary cap)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
Nev
Rookie

Nev's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Is online franchise important to you?

Online Franchise is the only reason im still playing Madden 10.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I feel in a small way yes it is. Depending if I can find the right group who is willing to play in the franchise mode all the time without quiting halfway though.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

I picked 'no,' but that may be a little misleading. Offline franchise mode affects my decision to purchase, and since it and the online mode are not being improved this year I won't be buying it.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Yes, it's by far the most important mode in the game for me. All I play in NCAA is Online Dynasty with friends, because it's got all of the major components (only things missing are conference invites and coaching changes, which aren't a big deal to me) of offline dynasty with the added benefit of being able to play/recruit against your friends and now Dynasty Wire, which looks amazing.

That being said, I completely skipped Madden 10's online franchise because it was missing two of the biggest components needed for a realistic, competitive online franchise - salary cap and CPU trade logic. Now, granted, there were workarounds that could be done but it was far too much work for my friends and I to do, and way too much for the casual player to undertake. I think this is a major reason that Madden 10's version of online franchise was so unsuccessful.

I don't think they're getting an accurate depiction of the true amount of interest in online franchise by looking at the results from Madden 10. Many of the people I know, as well as myself, skipped it simply because it wasn't finished and wasn't worth the hassle to make an attempt at having a successful online franchise. To me, it'd be like having Madden without a visible ball and then wondering why the game didn't sell - it's just not taking the entire situation into account.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs down Re: Is online franchise important to you?

I was going to buy it, but it looks like I'm not now. This is a deal breaker for me. Basically all I do with the game is online franchise with a friend and without a salary cap it's just getting very old. Hopefully I can get my pre-order back from gamestop.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava

I don't think they're getting an accurate depiction of the true amount of interest in online franchise by looking at the results from Madden 10. Many of the people I know, as well as myself, skipped it simply because it wasn't finished and wasn't worth the hassle to make an attempt at having a successful online franchise. To me, it'd be like having Madden without a visible ball and then wondering why the game didn't sell - it's just not taking the entire situation into account.
Great point about them not getting an accurate picture of the situation. most people didn't play it because it isn't finished. Even with just a salary cap it would have had alot more people playing it.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I play just about every mode, but OF gives the game the most longevity IMO. With the right group of people, you can really have a great time.

Madden 10s OF mode was very shallow though, i couldnt stay interested as long. i was hoping they at least implemented salary cap, cpu trade logic, better offseason, and player awards...

Me and a couple of my friends played an OF of NCAA 09 up until about 2 months uni t 10 released, and 09s gameplay was severely flawed, then we played an OF of NCAA 10 up until madden came out, and i just stopped playing in another OF a couple weeks ago,

This year im probably gonna stick with NCAA, though i may pick up madden because i do play random online matches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »