Home

Old 06-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #73
Rookie

thesteamontheboat's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Ian & Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
but what though? What has he improved. All of the features of Madden 10 are either gone or still broken, Like i said he got a lot of credit for making a "solid base" to jump from going from 10 to 11 and nothing happened, they didn't make the jump so the advancements that were made were pointless.

Can you ist things specifically that he improved please?
  1. Game speed (route running, qb drop backs, and fb dive to name a few)
  2. presentation
  3. tackling (pro tak)
  4. graphics
  5. CPU generated draft classes
  6. Referees
  7. Hand towels (joke)
So please dont be anal dude and really look at madden 10 compared to others and tell me you truly believe you dont see what Ian has accomplished?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteamontheboat
But Ian's Madden is the one that is better than all next gen football games Not Ortiz or whom ever from other titles and you have to admit that seriously. I trust him cause for next gen he makes the best football games.
Seriously, what's been EA competition when comparing Next Gen football games? They pretty much took 2k out of the picture with the exclusive rights deal.

BB is a first time, highly innovative game, but still first time. And no where near a sim game.

NFL2k doesn't even exist anymore.

NFL Blitz? Doesn't even pretend to be a sim game.

EA pretty much killed NFL Sim Video Football, and not through competition, but by creating a monopoly. To say that there's is the best, isn't saying much.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #75
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
  1. Game speed (route running, qb drop backs, and fb dive to name a few)
  2. presentation
  3. tackling (pro tak)
  4. graphics
  5. CPU generated draft classes
  6. Referees
  7. Hand towels (joke)
So please dont be anal dude and really look at madden 10 compared to others and tell me you truly believe you dont see what Ian has accomplished?

I think it is a matter of individual opinion as to whether anything on that list is ACTUALLY improved. Just because it's on the back of the box or they did a blog on it or they told you they are focusing on it, doesn't mean it is improved. Now to you it might, but just know that others may not think so at all.

One need not be anal to disagree lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Just because EA has no real competition does not mean the game cannot improve massively. Halo has no competition with shooters like it but would you also say that series has not improved? In fact a lot of games that are unique improve without direct competition. I would like ESPN2K11 as well but simply saying the game didn't improve because of lack of competition is like saying that the sun wouldn't rise if all the roosters in the world died. You're confusing cause and effect.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
I concede there have been improvements on current (Next) gen. But your really handcuffing this by only comparing current (Next) gen instead of what it should be compared to, and that is All Maddens and NFL2K.

Improving from Current (Next) gen 06 to what it is now, even though it is improved, isn't saying much about the title in it's entirety.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #78
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Seriously, what's been EA competition when comparing Next Gen football games? They pretty much took 2k out of the picture with the exclusive rights deal.

BB is a first time, highly innovative game, but still first time. And no where near a sim game.

EA pretty much killed NFL Sim Video Football, and not through competition, but by creating a monopoly. To say that there's is the best, isn't saying much.

Well said.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #79
Rookie

thesteamontheboat's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60

They took the license but sim play you cant take and no one is saying if BB or 2k8 had NFL teams and players it would be perfect. Football is football.

Dont get me wrong not saying Ian has made the perfect game. What im saying is he is moving in the right direction in 10 he "ran fast" now for 11 he is "jogging" and will pick it up for 12.

Im confident about that bc I never seen a madden team come right out and say it like they did with the whole franchise thing. That to me flaunts confidence in what they will deliver next year they know this isnt the best they can do and in lil words have owned up to it. I can respect and TRUST that.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #80
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
They took the license but sim play you cant take and no one is saying if BB or 2k8 had NFL teams and players it would be perfect. Football is football.

Dont get me wrong not saying Ian has made the perfect game. What im saying is he is moving in the right direction in 10 he "ran fast" now for 11 he is "jogging" and will pick it up for 12.

Im confident about that bc I never seen a madden team come right out and say it like they did with the whole franchise thing. That to me flaunts confidence in what they will deliver next year they know this isnt the best they can do and in lil words have owned up to it. I can respect and TRUST that.

Except they said the EXACT same thing last year lol. People always seem to forget that somehow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »