Home

Locomotion, Real Assignment AI, & ProTak

This is a discussion on Locomotion, Real Assignment AI, & ProTak within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Locomotion, Real Assignment AI, & ProTak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Again, how can anyone have a long way to go to catch a Football videogame that doesn't get the BASICS of Football right lol????
I have the game. Glad to see BB out there. But, as off as Madden can be, BB is much worse. The physics and player movement is nice, but the game play has MAJOR flaws. It has a way to go before it's as good as Madden. And I'm no way a Madden fan. You add NFL players to BB and it is still FAR behind where Madden is for sim and realism. As flawed as Madden may be, BB is much more flawed. It will take them a few years.

I don't really care what publisher comes out with a good football game, as long as one does.

Last edited by bucky60; 06-16-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm just the opposite. I love the player lock on D.

I take the DT and allow the DE's ratings to kick in, also, prevents me from clicking the CB or Safety nearest the ball on a pass to go for an int. I let the AI ratings to kick in.

That's my preference, though.
I really like player lock, with the safety and MLB, since it is a straight on view. The punt return view is absolutely atrocious, as it's basically the regular view but a side view of it. At least I can use player lock when I play 3 vs. 3.

I agree with the transitions. There needs to be more emotion right after the play is over, instead of going from the second he gets tackled to the huddle.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #51
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I have the game. Glad to see BB out there. But, as off as Madden can be, BB is much worse. The physics and player movement is nice, but the game play has MAJOR flaws. It has a way to go before it's as good as Madden. And I'm no way a Madden fan. You add NFL players to BB and it is still FAR behind where Madden is for sim and realism. As flawed as Madden may be, BB is much more flawed. It will take them a few years.

I don't really care what publisher comes out with a good football game, as long as one does.

You only quoted part of my post and it seems that that is the only part that you really read. I never said that BB with NFL players would be a great game. I said a company that is supposed to know about Football taking what BB started to the next level might be.

I still disagree that anyone could be years behind Madden lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
You only quoted part of my post and it seems that that is the only part that you really read. I never said that BB with NFL players would be a great game. I said a company that is supposed to know about Football taking what BB started to the next level might be.

I still disagree that anyone could be years behind Madden lol.
I guess we'll just disagree.

I don't see BB improving enough in one year to catch up. They have MAJOR game flow issues, plus they need to implement a lot of features around the game itself.

I would like to see what 505 can do in a year or two. It took them quite a few years to just get to where they are now. I've been following this game for quite some time now.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #53
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I guess we'll just disagree.

I don't see BB improving enough in one year to catch up. They have MAJOR game flow issues, plus they need to implement a lot of features around the game itself.

I would like to see what 505 can do in a year or two. It took them quite a few years to just get to where they are now. I've been following this game for quite some time now.

I hear ya. I just think they have many great ideas with respect to videogame Football.

The passing mechanic in BB to me is great and extremely innovative. Yet here we are in 2010 and we still hit X, or square, or B, or whatever to pass to receivers from a God view. We had this in 1991. 1991!!!! Ok, maybe you don't like the BB passing mechanic, but in 20yrs you are telling me that EA can't come up with something, ANYTHING different/better than the same mechanic used in the 8bit era? This is it? There is nothing else out there???? I don't believe that at all.

I'll take your word for it that BB has issues, but to have them come up with things, as a development house that's not even American, and has little interest or knowledge of American Football, that a company, that is known for Football games, supposedly eats sleeps and breaths Football, has legends advising them on all aspects of the game of Football, doesn't come up with in over 20yrs, to me is embarrassing. I don't know about anyone else, but to me it is.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I hear ya. I just think they have many great ideas with respect to videogame Football.

The passing mechanic in BB to me is great and extremely innovative. Yet here we are in 2010 and we still hit X, or square, or B, or whatever to pass to receivers from a God view. We had this in 1991. 1991!!!! Ok, maybe you don't like the BB passing mechanic, but in 20yrs you are telling me that EA can't come up with something, ANYTHING different/better than the same mechanic used in the 8bit era? This is it? There is nothing else out there???? I don't believe that at all.

I'll take your word for it that BB has issues, but to have them come up with things, as a development house that's not even American, and has little interest or knowledge of American Football, that a company, that is known for Football games, supposedly eats sleeps and breaths Football, has legends advising them on all aspects of the game of Football, doesn't come up with in over 20yrs, to me is embarrassing. I don't know about anyone else, but to me it is.
Oh my, another God's view camera mention.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:

Yep, I had decided to buy BB no matter what. I had pretty low expectations, this being there first year. Didn't bother with the demo. I was going to buy it, just to support competition. I know my $50 didn't mean much, but I did it anyway.

I hear you too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #56
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Oh my, another God's view camera mention.

I'm calling it by the name that it is commonly known as so that people understand what I mean. What ever you want to call it, the fact remains that this is the EXACT same passing mechanic that we have had since the 8bit generation over 20yrs ago. Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you. Maybe you like it as is. Maybe you don't think that it is humanly possible to come up with something better, which is fine if you do, but I feel the exact opposite on ever point. No maybe's about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »