Home

Madden Gameplay footage?

This is a discussion on Madden Gameplay footage? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden Gameplay footage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Umm you know there was yesterday too. Microsoft, EA, and Ubisoft had press conferences yesterday. Seeing that EA makes Madden, I'm pretty sure they would have it on display somewhere. That's really here nor there though because in years past vids would be out before E3. We would have been flooded with all kinds of vids by now.

i don't count yesterday as day 1.....but that's me....i count outside party members being able to shoot vids and upload them.

and perhaps the reason is EA knows the haters will have plenty of time to do their thing..why rush it
Old 06-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Umm you know there was yesterday too. Microsoft, EA, and Ubisoft had press conferences yesterday. Seeing that EA makes Madden, I'm pretty sure they would have it on display somewhere. That's really here nor there though because in years past vids would be out before E3. We would have been flooded with all kinds of vids by now.
E3, the actual event, began today the 15th and runs through to the 17th. The press conferences yesterday were the only things going on. There was no showroom floor to demo games or anything.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 06-15-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
i don't count yesterday as day 1.....but that's me....i count outside party members being able to shoot vids and upload them.

and perhaps the reason is EA knows the haters will have plenty of time to do their thing..why rush it
You sound as though people "pick on Madden" with no justification, just for the sake of hating.

While, yeah, there may be a very small number of people doing just that, I think the great majority, I'd guess around 90%, are totally justified in their frustration and dislike of what Tiburon has offered up this generation. You call it hatred, I call it constructive criticism with alot of frustration thrown in. The frustration comes from having the SAME damn issues plague the game year after year with no end in sight.

And they're certainly not gonna do themselves (Tiburon) any favors IF when they release the videos, much of the same plagues them as past iterations, especially after we're told that they ONLY focused on gameplay this year. They've set themselves up to be scrutinized even MORE closely than in the past with that statement, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
You sound as though people "pick on Madden" with no justification, just for the sake of hating.

While, yeah, there may be a very small number of people doing just that, I think the great majority, I'd guess around 90%, are totally justified in their frustration and dislike of what Tiburon has offered up this generation. You call it hatred, I call it constructive criticism with alot of frustration thrown in. The frustration comes from having the SAME damn issues plague the game year after year with no end in sight.

And they're certainly not gonna do themselves (Tiburon) any favors IF when they release the videos, much of the same plagues them as past iterations, especially after we're told that they ONLY focused on gameplay this year. They've set themselves up to be scrutinized even MORE closely than in the past with that statement, IMO.
That's partly on them too though. They should be happy with the improvements they have made and eager to show them to everybody. If they think Gus is such a good announcer, then show announcing in the game. It just seems like they conceded and aren't even trying to make a good impression. I am still optimistic that it will be a good game, but all these negative details make that hard to be a reality.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

hopefully they release some tomorrow since there werent any today thanks to every that pitched in
Old 06-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness

So, your trying to tell people that last years "misleading" missing items in the game will be less scrutinized vs working on game play this year.

I don't know, the "misleading" missing items went on and on for almost a year.

I thought being upfront about not adding much to franchise and superstar mode was to help smooth things out and put up a better front this year.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
That's partly on them too though. They should be happy with the improvements they have made and eager to show them to everybody. If they think Gus is such a good announcer, then show announcing in the game. It just seems like they conceded and aren't even trying to make a good impression. I am still optimistic that it will be a good game, but all these negative details make that hard to be a reality.
Oh, I agree 100%, that was the point I was trying to make.

And yeah, to me, it's a red flag that we haven't seen really anything yet, as the Madden hype and marketing train should be full steam by now. Peculiar to me that IF the gameplay and presentation recieved such a radical overhaul (assumption based on the time spent on it this year) that Tiburon wouldn't want to just blow us away already with how fantastic it all comes together.

So far, what we've seen seems to not really even impress the most loyal of Madden followers. IMO, this game could be in REAL trouble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, your trying to tell people that last years "misleading" missing items in the game will be less scrutinized vs working on game play this year.

I don't know, the "misleading" missing items went on and on for almost a year.

I thought being upfront about not adding much to franchise and superstar mode was to help smooth things out and put up a better front this year.

Yeah, I do believe it could, mostly because the frustration level is even higher this year than last, because in many eyes, they didn't deliver again.
I believe this year, especially after the recent announcement, could be THE year when Madden sales just die.

UNLESS they post something to the contrary video-wise, I don't think many people are really fired up about Madden this year, not like in the past, and they've FINALLY had enough. Even some very loyal followers, people who in the past defended Madden to no end, have taken off the rose colored glasses and see what Tiburon has tried to spoon feed un this generation.

Of course, this is all just opinion at this point. We'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »