Home

E3 is all the Madden info released?

This is a discussion on E3 is all the Madden info released? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #41
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: E3 is all the Madden info released?

The IR better be fixed

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #42
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Looks like the announcement of no new franchise features have really snowballed more than half the community to disregard Madden more than it has in past years this early on..

Damn
I'm just curious, but why did you quote me in your sig? It seems kinda random without the post that I was referring too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Not saying much no more. Most people around here has there own opinion about EA at this point. I mean do you really think EA is going to care about a small group of people on this website like us and make hugh changes to madden just like that?? No not really. We are just a very small fraction of people who buy madden year. Like I said the other day. I to am kind of diappointed about the lack of franchise mode improvement. But I thought Madden crew would of made some attempt to improve franchise mode this year. But I guess not. But no more info for this year. That's all she wrote.
See my sig!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I don't mean to be semantical (is that a word), but having a hunch and making assumptions are two different things. I think many people assumed this was going to be the year of the franchise thus why so many are let down.

Even prior to being invited for CD this year, personally and honestly speaking, I wasn't convinced we were going to get all the franchise things that people were requesting. Just from the stuff that Ian was posting a little bit prior to the ship of M10 indicated that gameplay (locomotion specifically) would be the priority:

^^ Dated June of last year...

Yeah. If there is a feature designed to blow us away, history tells us that we'll learn about it in one of the initial press releases or during the April-May time frame. June seems to be the icing on the cake month IMO...
I really can't believe we're going back and forth about this, but oh well. There have been plenty of times in the past that EA has said they are going to focus on one thing or another. That doesn't mean anything at this point. They say they are going to focus on one thing or another every year. The reason why most people assumed that franchise would get worked on is because of this:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040149774 Post#126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
We just got a bunch of these numbers. They are really cool to look at. I'll see if they'll let me release the numbers.

I haven't read this thread through (yet), but I wanted to let you guys know that offline franchise gamers are definitely NOT forgotten. The numbers of people still playing franchise mode are still HUGE...and we want to keep working on this mode. It was a back to basics approach for us this year - streamlining the interface, fixing a lot of old (and broken) stuff, adding the Extra Point (aka 'recap show') framework, etc.

We haven't forgotten about it - we're still all over it. Remember, Josh and Donny are our guys - they made the ultimate offline dynasty game in NFL Head Coach 09.
and this for online franchise:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039857548 Post #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
No rest for the weary!

We are already working on Madden 11, but we've also got people focused on extending the life of 10...including some dedication of resources to live support for Online Franchise.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #43
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quoted it in my sig because it was the funniest thing iv'e seen on OS thus far.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #44
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I really can't believe we're going back and forth about this, but oh well. There have been plenty of times in the past that EA has said they are going to focus on one thing or another. That doesn't mean anything at this point. They say they are going to focus on one thing or another every year. The reason why most people assumed that franchise would get worked on is because of this:
What do you mean going back & forth? LOL this is not some sort of intense debate. Lighten up...

In response to the Ian quotes that you mentioned, they're obviously left up to interpretation and I'm sure that's where you and I will differ. Me, I don't read those quotes and get the feeling that franchise will be addressed next year or the year after. Though it's not useful to pick his words apart piece by piece, all that's said is that franchise mode has not been forgotten. And in truth, it hasn't. It hasn't received the facelift that many of us want, but it has been touched as evidenced by the improvements made to it in M10. Seriously Splff, those quotes are indications to you that franchise mode was going to be fully upgraded for M11? I've read enough of your posts to know you are not that naive boss.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #45
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
What do you mean going back & forth? LOL this is not some sort of intense debate. Lighten up...

In response to the Ian quotes that you mentioned, they're obviously left up to interpretation and I'm sure that's where you and I will differ. Me, I don't read those quotes and get the feeling that franchise will be addressed next year or the year after. Though it's not useful to pick his words apart piece by piece, all that's said is that franchise mode has not been forgotten. And in truth, it hasn't. It hasn't received the facelift that many of us want, but it has been touched as evidenced by the improvements made to it in M10. Seriously Splff, those quotes are indications to you that franchise mode was going to be fully upgraded for M11? I've read enough of your posts to know you are not that naive boss.
Oh I know this isn't an intense debate, lol. I'm not talking about the back and forth itself, just what we're going back and forth about......."should we have expected something epic at E3" lol. We both have too much time on our hands lol. Oh and trust me, I'm cool. I rarely get worked up on these boards even though sometimes the words don't reflect my calm demeanor when they're read.

As for interpretation, there was more to it than just that. I remember specific things said that I did not go back and search for. We can just agree to differ on how we feel about the whole thing though. It's cool.

Last edited by splff3000; 06-16-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #46
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

June is the icing on the cake month....but I feel like EA has taken my cake. I am cakeless, and I don't even have any icing to enjoy!

Nah, in all seriousness, I am disappointed in the lack of Franchise updates (especially since last year was supposed to be the "build a foundation year" for Looman, and we're supposed to be getting a massively improved franchise, not a retooling of the same franchise for the past 3 or 4 years)...but I'm more disappointed by the seeming lack of information this year compared to last year...I suppose it's because they don't want to give us the rope to hang them with, figuratively speaking of course (although I wouldn't put it past some forum members to take that a bit literally)...but to tell us that they've only really put resources into a few areas of the game, and having the information/gameplay/commentary that we've seen/heard thus far be so....lackluster...is disheartening. I'm not saying every year should be a humongous blowout of "OH MY GOD THEY ADDED EVERYTHING I WANTED WOOHOO" but it should be more than "we tweaked franchise sim stats and made new draft classes....oh and gameplanning..and locomotion...man that was 10 months well spent."

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 06-17-2010, 12:54 AM   #47
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Last year at E3 they announced Online Franchise and the Extra Point show. While they were both good additions, they were clearly incomplete. I was at least expecting an announcement that online franchise would run like an offline franchise with an actual salary cap. I was expecting that an announcement would be made that the halftime show would get an upgrade.

Then since everyone agrees that Madden is bigger than NCAA, I would expect Madden to get some of NCAA's best features. No progressive lighting? And of course NCAA's big announcent is how in depth online dynasty is this year with it's web compatability. I want that in Madden. Or at least give us some custom movie maker, or thr Take a Picture feature so we can get a good look at thr nice new Madden graphics and equipment from th past couple years.

So I definitely expected some of this to be added. Seems like NCAA made the same exact gameplay inprovements (which is good), but they added a ton of good features too while Madden added much less.
These are my feelings as well. Since the blog about the lack of franchise improvements, I was at LEAST expecting to hear that they have league-wide highlights with commentary during the Extra Point, progressive lighting, and online franchise at least the same as offline. I thought that after the Extra Point came out last year with a lack of highlights, it seemed like they would make sure they put them in for '11... I have a feeling I would have heard about them by now if they were in though..
Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 AM   #48
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm thinking that the Extra Point falls under "Franchise Mode," so it was likely untouched...like the rest of the mode. That's what I'm thinking, at any rate...maybe I'm wrong (I hope).

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »