Home

Impressions of Madden 11 after E3

This is a discussion on Impressions of Madden 11 after E3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden 11 after E3
After E3, I am more optimistic about Madden 11, and can't wait to see the final build 28 17.18%
After E3, I still see way too many flaws in the game, and there is very little chance I buy Madden. 76 46.63%
After E3, I still feel the same way. (positive or negative) 59 36.20%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Impressions of Madden 11 after E3

Well, I still play Madden 10 to this day, so I'll get this one. If nothing else, for all the rookies, more CAP slots (I hope), and new created draft classes. It's a shame that is going to cost me $60 though. This is really the first Madden I'm not really hyped up for. It truly does seem like a $60 roster update, with a new feature added via DLC.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

I still feel the same way about Madden,But Im still getting the game.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Its just not that different from 10, from what i can see.

I got bored of 10 after a few months. This series is just so mired in the past, its hard to get excited about it anymore. And I used to get VERY excited about it. Now I doubt I will buy it.

And to those of you who think actual physics based gameplay will appear next year, how many years do you think it will take for THAT to get all the bugs worked out? It'll be like starting over. Madden 15? 16?

Current madden is NOTHING like i thought it would be 10 years ago. Its sad. And, like everyone else, I think the exclusive license is largely responsible for that.
me in bold.

its funny, this game to me, is heading down the path of one of the games i am looking less and less forward too each year.
Its been a tough ride in this gen with madden.

if they continue this way, in 2012 things could be looking much different for the franchise.

i rented first last year [and returned it] and will do the same this year.
If its decent enough to keep, I'll buy it used.
i dont buy many ea sports games new anymore, if any.

plus, what happened to the halftime show?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 18

im getting it....why not.....it looks better than last year. it plays better than last year., and i think gameflow will be something people will really like to use.
YOu guys do realize that you can customize your play books this year with game flow...........that is huge, being able to go into a game with specific plays that you hand picked.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #37
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

I'll end up buying it one way or another.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
Played, loved, admired 2k5!! problem is when 2k5 was out I WAS NO WHERE NEAR as concerned with tackling etc, to be honest OS has put me up on these things, I would still be playing madden as a casual gamer uneducated if it wasn't for this place 2 years ago...I really started to notice how madden does football different than real life...in all honesty OS has spoiled and ruined football games for me lol, im still not nitpicky but im more aware now.

I ofcourse noticed things like glitches and such but when 2k5 was out no I was not all that intune to what "real tackling" or "lead passing" etc...backbreaker is the 1st game I played where I was educated enough to understand these things
speaking of 2k5, after 5 long years i finally dusted it off and started playing it again (with roster update)...funny part is I never liked it when it first came out, only played it for 1 week and went back to madden 05, didn't understand the hype but now i see. it holds its part with the next gen madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »