Home

Madden 11 vs NBA2k11: Observation.

This is a discussion on Madden 11 vs NBA2k11: Observation. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Madden 11 vs NBA2k11: Observation.

I would have to say that the 2 most polarizing sports in video games are Football and Basketball but I have seen problem when it comes to how these two games are received each year.

Every year fans are up in arms over Madden and usually in a negative fashion. While there is some merrit to these concerns I find it facinating that NBA2k doesn't receive the same if not worse beatings from the fan faithful.

Every year Madden gets beat down b/c of claims that the game doesn't change each year while 2k doesn't. 2k has been releasing virtually the same game for the past 5 years but you hear nothing but praise from the faithful.

This year fans of Madden are crushing the commentary but aside from NCAA and Hockey, all sports game commentary is lacking, NBA2k included.

I am wondering if all this Madden negativity is stemming from the still disgruntled NFL2k fans who just refuse to give Maddens its due. Or perhaps since there is no alternative to Madden we feel free to just rail on the game for lack of anything else to compare it to.

Mainly I think most of us are just tired of playing the same brand of game each year in football. Its like driving a car. Driving a Porshe is great but driving the same one for 20 years, not so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 11 vs NBA2k11: Observation.

Fair point and well made but I still think you are wrong. Sure there might be a few who will always hate them for there part in ending Nfl2k but most of use are just frustrated by Madden being a bad game. No denying it as far as I am concearned.
As for other games not changing much, well if it's a good game then you don't need to change alot.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
Banned

GatorChomp2345's Arena

OVR: 7

But 2k has consistently put out great games with good gameplay to one of the deepest franchise (association) modes in all of sports games. Madden has failed to do so ever since it went next-gen.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't think many people here really care about 2k's other games. Most of the criticism comes from focusing on is their 6 year-old FOOTBALL game and how it still does a lot of things better than a 2011 game (namely presentation, some momentum features, multi-tackling, and route-based passing). That's where most of the criticism comes from. And for the most part, it's very much deserved.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Agreed. The NBA 2k series hasn't changed much but nobody seems to criticize but I think it's mostly because people care more about football than basketball video games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

As already mentioned, there's a big difference in things staying the same for a game when what you're doing works. If you have great gameplay and a good representation of the sport already then you don't have to change the gameplay, just make tweaks each year to try to fix whatever flaws are present. Madden has yet to present a good representation of the game of football on next gen and therefore continuing to release the same broken gameplay with a few tweaks each time is not acceptable.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

There are two reasons for this: one, there's no alternative to madden. Unlike 2k11, where you can compare what it has and what is doesn't with NBA elite, you can't with Madden. If you're angry that 2k11 doesn't have something and their competitor also doesn't have it, or something similar, you can't really be mad. Both companies are competing against each other; if both games are lacking something, the common consensus, from the community, is likely to be that this hypothetical something isn't possible .

Here is the second reason that madden gets a lot of flack: It has taken a step back, especially in franchise mode, but the hardware is superior. The main source of frustration is that Madden has only progressed in the visual department. In terms of game-play, it's regressed and a game that was released six years ago still, to this day, does a lot of things better than Madden.

Last edited by PocketRocket; 06-19-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at people saying 2K has great gameplay, it has a LARGE number of major problems, many of which are similar to Madden's. I agree with the poster, it is a huge double standard
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »