Home

Madden 11 Impression: Gamerunion

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Impression: Gamerunion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #33
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden 11 Impression: Gamerunion

From what I read, Bill Abner had limited time with the game as well. So what's all the fuss about? In his limited time Abner thought the game was great. To be honest though, when have we NOT heard a preview of Madden that didn't say it was great? Madden is always great until your 3rd or 4th game when you realize you can throw it to a wide open man in the flats whenever you want. It's always great until your 3rd game against the cpu, when you realize the cpu does an all out blitz on every 3rd or 4th and long. It's always a great game at first.

I take the writer at his word. Even Madden's oldest fanboy Pastapadre has said that he doesn't think Madden has changed much and likes NCAA more this year and he's probably played more games than this writer and Bill Abner combined. I notice the people that don't like this preview are the same ones that are defending Madden in every thread. Chill out guys. It's not a bad preview. It's not all golden either like some of the others. It seems more realistic IMO. He says gameflow seems like a gimmick, which, according to what others have reported out of E3, it does. Both previewers (this writer and Bill Abner) had limited time with the game and both got 2 different opinions. What's wrong with that?

Last edited by splff3000; 06-22-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
From what I read, Bill Abner had limited time with the game as well. So what's all the fuss about? In his limited time Abner thought the game was great. To be honest though, when have we NOT heard a preview of Madden that didn't say it was great? Madden is always great until your 3rd or 4th game when you realize you can throw it to a wide open man in the flats whenever you want. It's always great until your 3rd game against the cpu, when you realize the cpu does an all out blitz on every 3rd or 4th and long. It's always a great game at first.

I take the writer at his word. Even Madden's oldest fanboy Pastapadre has said that he doesn't think Madden has changed much and likes NCAA more this year and he's probably played more games than this writer and Bill Abner combined. I notice the people that don't like this preview are the same ones that are defending Madden in every thread. Chill out guys. It's not a bad preview. It's not all golden either like some of the others. It seems more realistic IMO. He says gameflow seems like a gimmick, which, according to what others have reported out of E3, it does. Both previewers (this writer and Bill Abner) had limited time with the game and both got 2 different opinions. What's wrong with that?
Thanks for the note(jab) on the defenders.

Why even bring Pasta and Abner in on this. Now, we can't judge short impressions on their own merits.

All I said were two things;

1. Never heard of them before
B. Never said anything about locomotion

Doesn't bother me one iota what anyone's opinion is, because that is all it is.

I'm just pointing out facts.

Last edited by roadman; 06-22-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
this

Another nice addition is the inclusion of more then two animations for a 1st down call - I'm looking at you Madden 10.

if you write for a magazine, that mistake should have not made print--err cyberspace.
LOL, I didn't even catch that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #36
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket
LOL, I didn't even catch that one.

Lol. There is a typo in Abner's preview also. Should that invalidate his opinion as well?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Lol. There is a typo in Abner's preview also. Should that invalidate his opinion as well?
At least we know you read it. haha j/k
Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #38
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
At least we know you read it. haha j/k

Of course I read it. How else would I know what my opinion of the game is lol?

Just messing with you
Old 06-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #39
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
The reviewier miss locomotion, but called out the new kicking mechanism as being strange (which I agree). It's definitely a reversion to an older, outdated mechanism. His logic for not needing a change is a little lacking 'which is strange considering the right analog stick controls were working just fine.'
YES! I'm glad they brought back the old style kicking mechanic. I hope it still has a sweet spot/precision area that will affect the accuracy of the kicks again. Anything is better than the way it is now... or shall I say "was" the past few years. The kicking game was way too easy. No suspense, what so ever. Just an easy 3 points (for the user) every time.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #40
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

there is no comparison.. Madden's new locomotion is absolute junk compared to 2k8.. i don't know how anyone could even argue with this..

Just go watch a 2k8 video, and it will be immediately obvious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »