Home

Impressions of Madden 11 thus far...?

This is a discussion on Impressions of Madden 11 thus far...? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Rookie

trufootball's Arena

OVR: 11
Impressions of Madden 11 thus far...?

Would love to get people's impressions of Madden 11 so far...i haven't followed the game nearly as much as last year because i was overall disappointed with the final version of Madden 10 so i'm a little out of the loop this year. Is this a minor upgrade from 10 or a game actually worth paying some attention to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Impressions of Madden 11 thus far...?

It looks like a minor upgrade. The cut scenes are the same the graphics look the same, and there is no major improvements to franchise mode.

I cant believe they are gonna charge $60.00 for this.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

From what I've seen in the videosso far. It looks good and the announcing has been improved quite a bit. I'm looking forward to madden 11. It's a nice upgrade from madden 10. I think it is more then worth the 60 bucks to honest. Can't wait to get it.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Dude, you're not going to get an impression from us everday forum guys. Nothing but speculation at the moment. Game aint out yet. Hell, there isn't even a date for the demo as far as I know.

You'll have to standby for that one mayne.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I was going to blog on this which is completely based off the videos and the NCAA Demo, but might as well post here as well. So far, from the videos and what we've seen on E3, I just can't find a viable reason to buy Madden this year. NCAA is giving me the biggest change to the game in Locomotion, run blocking, and sideline catches. Other than that, I'm not sure what else Madden has to offer to the gameplay enthusiast, especially to those that plan on buying NCAA 2011 this year.

Presentation still feels stagnant from what we have seen thus far, mainly due to the use of poor camera angles for cut scenes and the lack of a NFL broadcast view. Gus

On the commentary front, Gus Johnson is an upgrade over Hammond, but the poor implementation of the commentary makes poor Gus sound more like Hammond than Gus Johnson. There is just way too much dead space in the game on the commentary front, which gets us back to EAAnthony's question 'How do you fill all that time'. Answer: Madden doesn't.

Locomotion looks good. I'll be happy to use it if it's like the NCAA demo. Hope they fix/tun the turns after reach full speed. There's little to no footwork/momentum after full speed is reached effectively diminishing the realism of Locomotion.

ProTak looks the same. I can't see any changes other than perhaps it's not firing as often.

Tackling in general looks the same. You still see players bouncing off a defender if they are already in the grasp of another player (E3 Reggie Bush return anyone?).

Run blocking is improved on run plays, but like NCAA still appears to be lacking in the punt return, kick off return, and interception return categories.

The GameFlow/GamePlan don't interest me beyond having a better AI in the game, which I like, but it's still not what I want in the game. For a proper AI, there needs to be a break down of every play in the game with a defense that beats it, both to program a good AI and to train gamers on what works, what doesn't work, and they the plays fail/succeed. This would also go a LONG ways to making sure casual gamers get an easy experience and hardcore gamers get a difficult one from a play calling perspective.

3vs3 would be a great addition, but the lack of route based passing and the pass / catch anytime passing mechanism of Madden really makes it seem like a silly mode. I think it's a great idea, but they have the cart in front of the horse on this one. Once routes matter, then, and only then will football competition begin to mean something in Madden.

Scouting Reports sound awesome, but are greatly soured by their consumable label. I'm too sure about having them available in the game, accessible at all times. That seems a little too easy, but that's not the thing that turns me off to the feature. The fact that it's going to cost coins is pure bunk. EA Sports managed to take a feature that should garner them good press, good feedback from fans, add it to their virtual economy and anger gamers in the process. What a waste. It's the same business practices that have been turning away gamers for years. With declining sales, you think they'd want to entice people, not alienate them.

Overall I'd say I'm not thrilled with many of the changes. I feel that the game hasn't lived up to it's 'if you see it on Sunday' mantra, and that the vision from a couple of years has been squashed be Peter Moore's digital transformation agenda.

Last edited by Valdarez; 06-23-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

I want to play madden now.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:06 AM   #7
DickDalewood

OVR:

I'm sorry, but there are plenty of info threads, including a few that are stickied at the top of the page... we don't need another one of these.

That, and the fact that the game isn't out yet, so I'm not really sure what impressions you would get that you can't formulate yourself from the aforementioned info threads.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »