Home

The little things they leave out that just annoy you

This is a discussion on The little things they leave out that just annoy you within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: The little things they leave out that just annoy you

Quote:
Originally Posted by zav
ive got a couple

1. Lip Guards. Gameday 1998 had these and madden cant put them in
2. No choosable dreadlocks. I dont even like dreads but when i make my player i should have more options for my hair than those few.
3. TATTOOS!!!

I dont know about you guys but i can deal with some of the major shortcomings of Madden that get fixed with time but its these little things that really get under my skin
I would rename this a list of the little things they leave out because they know such a tiny percentage of their consumers even start to care a little itty bit and they can utilize resources in a million better ways...

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 06-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Mine is the player interaction away from the ball. Guys shoving, tripping over other players, bumping into each other, losing their balance from a late block and falling down just after the play, running back putting his hand on the blocker in front of him, players stumbling. It's hard to look at the player interaction in Madden after playing APF and believe the players are somewhat "alive". Those little things give the game a more human element and make it feel that much more organic instead of robotic like it does today.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 25

Little things count, but meaningless to gameplay....and gameplay is priority 1-2 and 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #12
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I thought the Nfl did not want anything in Madden that showed the Nfl in a negative way so Ea can't put tattoos in.

Apparently the NFL doesn't want EA to do anything creative cause every time the game is missing something, all I hear is the NFL doesn't want this or that. I think the truth is, they found an excuse that the public generally doesn't argue against and by now, they have overused the heck out of it. Its just my opinion but I really feel like some of these NFL wont let me excuses are ridiculous.

My big thing is that they left the away team on bottom when showing the score. I dont know how they left it in from madden 10 to 11 when all of us called them out on it the day after 10 was released.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

I would say weather not affecting gameplay and not having all the penalties (ie illegal contact, offensive pass interferance, illegal motion, etc)!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #14
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't think they're leaving this out to "annoy us" but next year I really hope that progressive lighting makes it back into the game.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 1
Icon14 Re: The little things they leave out that just annoy you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
I don't think they're leaving this out to "annoy us" but next year I really hope that progressive lighting makes it back into the game.
I agree
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Little things count, but meaningless to gameplay....and gameplay is priority 1-2 and 3.

That would be nice - if they actually worked on the gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »