Home

Personnel, Position, Tempo

This is a discussion on Personnel, Position, Tempo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Personnel, Position, Tempo

Sup guys,

About 12 years ago I read an article by Michael Fornal about strategy - military vs football; and how these two arenas are similar in their elements. Both use personnel, position, and timing to achieve victory over opponents.

Since then, I've re-read the article several times with the purpose of poking holes in the theory. All my attempts failed. So almost 8 years ago, I adopted Mr. Fornal's theories to my philosophy for managing my 11 players to achieve my desired objective - Wins.

Oddly, although there are only 3 elements, the ways these elements can be combined is almost limitless. Players seeking to win the position battle may commit do so by abandoning the timing element, or they may seek to use both position and timing in various ways.

Personally, I believe in masking my desire of winning the position battle by creating the illusion that I'm really wanting to win the timing battle. Or feigning a stance to win the position battle when I'm really trying to win personnel. So on, so forth...

Without devising your entire system, which elements do you mix to develop your strategy in Madden?

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »