Home

Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid)

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #73
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinsFan86
I think there's WAY too many Jet players on the list, let's not forget they went 8-8 last year and BARELY crept into the playoffs. Let's not all jump on the bandwagon just yet...
LOL Keep hating MIA.

Remember, we didnt just get to the playoffs and collapse to "superior" teams, we took it to them, all on the road, and shut up them and their opposing fans.

I wouldnt talk MIA, remember what that stands for.

Missing
In
Action

Just like you are every year around January
Old 08-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
I disagree and you should too. If 95+ is reserved for the all time greats, Peyton Manning definitely deserves to be up there. And though Drew Brees is not even really a hall of famer yet, he is playing at a hall of fame level at this point in his career and deserves to have that sort of rating right now. However the players are definitely overated in Madden and need to be lowered. Way to many 90s.
Peyton Manning is a hall of fame quarterback therefore he should be a 99 no debate. Darrelle revis and Jared Allen are game changers who can SINGLE HANDEDLY determine the outcome of a game when they get hot. Disagree? Darrelle Revis got the jets to the championship by basically making a statement saying "Hey you throw the ball anywhere near chad ochocrapo im picking the ball off." Jared allen basically said "Hey if you dont have a tight end on my side and a running back in to block im going to knock your quarterbacks freakin head off" Players like those players like drew brees and patrick willis are guys who head coaches say a week beforehand "WTF are we going to do about INSERT OVR 99 PLAYER NAME HERE" these are the people who sport that 99 ovr rating and for very good reason
Old 08-17-2010, 12:54 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
LOL Keep hating MIA.

Remember, we didnt just get to the playoffs and collapse to "superior" teams, we took it to them, all on the road, and shut up them and their opposing fans.

I wouldnt talk MIA, remember what that stands for.

Missing
In
Action

Just like you are every year around January
I Hate the Miami Dolphins with the same passion as the Cleveland Cavaliers' owner resents LeBron James. That being said, im a Bills fan, and we suck. ALTHOUGH, we do usually split with Miami and NY.

You know those Jets fans, 1 good playoff run, just remember last year when the Bills picked off 5 passes from Sanchez, and one more from your punter. Good times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 01:44 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would have to agree (and just got done saying in another thread) that the way players are rated in this game doesn't make sense anymore. Play with CJ Spiller in 11 and tell me he plays like a 79 ovr?!?! Totally agree with everyone that said that pretty much the entire top half of madden players are just plain old over stated.

There truly is only a few elite players. Then there's guys having just amazing seasons. Then there's the rest of the league. Mix in there, somehow, the playing legends.

In my 24 years of following the NFL, the difference between an elite player and the rest of the league is pretty slim. A bit of physical gifts, a bit of luck and a whole lot of situation and circumstances.

What the frick do I mean? The best and most commonly recognizable name that comes to everybody's mind is Peyton Manning. Guy is gonna be a first ballot hall of famer, even if he didn't play another game. He's a playing legend. Next let's go to an elite player. Tom Brady, elite player, most likely first ballot hall of famer. Border line playing legend. Somebody mentioned the mullet in Minnesota. Best example of demonstrating what I'm talking about. Guy was a bum in KC. Didn't produce at the level he is now and off field issues. Goes to a new situation that allows him to take advantage of his physical gifts and a new set of circumstances...voila, great season and now arguably one of the elite pass rushers in the league.

Thank for reading.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:59 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg
I would have to agree (and just got done saying in another thread) that the way players are rated in this game doesn't make sense anymore. Play with CJ Spiller in 11 and tell me he plays like a 79 ovr?!?! Totally agree with everyone that said that pretty much the entire top half of madden players are just plain old over stated.

There truly is only a few elite players. Then there's guys having just amazing seasons. Then there's the rest of the league. Mix in there, somehow, the playing legends.

In my 24 years of following the NFL, the difference between an elite player and the rest of the league is pretty slim. A bit of physical gifts, a bit of luck and a whole lot of situation and circumstances.

What the frick do I mean? The best and most commonly recognizable name that comes to everybody's mind is Peyton Manning. Guy is gonna be a first ballot hall of famer, even if he didn't play another game. He's a playing legend. Next let's go to an elite player. Tom Brady, elite player, most likely first ballot hall of famer. Border line playing legend. Somebody mentioned the mullet in Minnesota. Best example of demonstrating what I'm talking about. Guy was a bum in KC. Didn't produce at the level he is now and off field issues. Goes to a new situation that allows him to take advantage of his physical gifts and a new set of circumstances...voila, great season and now arguably one of the elite pass rushers in the league.

Thank for reading.
IMO, the average Pro-bowler is anywhere from an 83-87. Which would make MAYBE 9 or 10 guys more than a 91, 92 if i was doing ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »