Home

Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid)

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
the two you named along with sanchez are over rated. Jenkins missed what ten games? and Leonhard imo should be an 82, maybe 83. no way in hell does sanchez earn an 82 rating just because you made the Conf title game. You had the best D in the league, but that doesnt mean everybody needs that little ratings boost. i wish there was a way that madden could make the Defensive unit play better or worse together, maybe impliment a chemistry rating.
Jericho Cotchery - 87 rating??? Sanchez - 87 rating??? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
Underrated:

Everyone on the Packers roster, except Jarrett Bush

Overrated:

Everyone on the Vikings roster
Everyone on the Jets roster
Jarrett Bush (whatever his rating is, it's too high)
The Vikings and the Jets would destroy the Packers. The Vikings did it twice last year.

Stop hating.

Last edited by Tecahl; 07-22-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Steve Smith would kill it if he were on a real team.

Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bears, Miami Heat, Ohio State Buckeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 3

I'd say the entire dallas cowboys team seem over rated to me. For example Terrance Newman. How often during a season do they break down how that dude has horrible cover skills. Which he covers up with his speed. Which there is no way he should be rated that high in the speed category. Why is he considered good when people in his position who are not considered elite have far more ints?

Felix jones yeah he's fast but I don't think i've seen him break any tackles. and he gets hurt easily.

the cowboys in madden 10 make plays no other team is out there making and if that repeats with madden 11. i'll be pissed.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #53
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthieOne
I'd say the entire dallas cowboys team seem over rated to me. For example Terrance Newman. How often during a season do they break down how that dude has horrible cover skills. Which he covers up with his speed. Which there is no way he should be rated that high in the speed category. Why is he considered good when people in his position who are not considered elite have far more ints?

Felix jones yeah he's fast but I don't think i've seen him break any tackles. and he gets hurt easily.

the cowboys in madden 10 make plays no other team is out there making and if that repeats with madden 11. i'll be pissed.
Newman is solid most of the time. Newman is also one of the fastest players in the NFL. He does get beat from time to time but he is a very good corner. Felix is fine. Felix does break a good amount of tackles. He didn't have a bad injury report coming out of Arkansas according to scouts and ex-coaches either. If anything Barber is the only overrated player as far as backs go and he played with a torn muscle in his leg ALL of last season.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #54
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthieOne

Major points being made here especially on Newman...how many times to you need to see him get burnt on a televised broadcast before you drop his rating...geez

And on the subject of Jones and Barber...Jones does not break tackles like he's rated at best he should be in the 70 range for elusiveness he's not in elite status by far...and he's injury riddled maybe not the bigtime injuries but he stays on IR...Barber's trucking needs to come down to the 70 range also not elite there...Barber's best weapon is his stiff arm which he is elite IMO other than that you hit it right on the head...also both of their injury ratings should be dropped too
Old 07-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #55
Rookie

wdctaylor's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
Major points being made here especially on Newman...how many times to you need to see him get burnt on a televised broadcast before you drop his rating...geez

And on the subject of Jones and Barber...Jones does not break tackles like he's rated at best he should be in the 70 range for elusiveness he's not in elite status by far...and he's injury riddled maybe not the bigtime injuries but he stays on IR...Barber's trucking needs to come down to the 70 range also not elite there...Barber's best weapon is his stiff arm which he is elite IMO other than that you hit it right on the head...also both of their injury ratings should be dropped too
Look at this video and tell me Felix Jones should be a 70 range elusiveness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEiCsagym4

Felix does not stay on the IR, he's be on there once. Last season he played all 16 games including playoffs. I believe Barber's injury rating should go down, he played with a torn quad all season, but that was just last season. Jones is an elite back, he is just sharing carries with another elite back, Marion Barber.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #56
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdctaylor
Look at this video and tell me Felix Jones should be a 70 range elusiveness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEiCsagym4

Felix does not stay on the IR, he's be on there once. Last season he played all 16 games including playoffs. I believe Barber's injury rating should go down, he played with a torn quad all season, but that was just last season. Jones is an elite back, he is just sharing carries with another elite back, Marion Barber.

There's a reason is called a highlight tape...best clips...in this video no one is touching Felix...that is real life elusiveness...in madden elusiveness breaks tackles...in real life elusiveness evades tackles...mostly in madden when RB's go for big gains they do it by breaking multiple tackles...so in that video felix broke 3 or 4 tackles...meaning a defender actually touched him...in madden you can double that easily within a game with him...last season he played 14gms and the year before that 6gms...if Jones was such an "elite" back he wouldn't be sharing carries with a injury prone "elite" back

Last edited by seriousluboy83; 07-22-2010 at 08:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »