Home

Madden is Complete

This is a discussion on Madden is Complete within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #57
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Madden is Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
I still don't understand how I am making excuses for Madden. I was making speculations about what could happen. That is all.
Just fyi I meant to clarify that when I quoted your post. I think a lot of times people try to make logical sense out of something Tiburon does that's illogical. And that's what's occurring now; speculation that the reason M11 doesn't seem to have been given their "full effort" is because they're actually working on big things for M12. I remember when Madden 06 for the PS2 made incremental improvements and lots of people were theorizing they were placing most of their resources behind developing Madden 360 - which obviously turned out to be a huge disappointment. But then we were doing the same thing; trying to make sense of something that doesn't make sense. It's Tiburon; it's what they do and how they've always done things.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

Madden is complete??? Really?

Really??

Wow... how many bugs culd be squashed in a months time? Or even 2 weeks? Some extra polish to the game? Something they could have added? Make sure the sound is not glitched? Perhaps make sure the stat engine is up to stuff? Do the field goal nets animate correctly?

Nah.

EA Exec:"clock out boys... She is done."
EA Emp: "But capen, she aint ready yet... and there is a new sound glitch Omar found."
EA Exec:"Sorry chap, but the board is done paying checks. It's time to get the cash cow ready for shippin, it's MARKETING TIME!! All aboard!!" Cue horn blowing: TOOOOOOOOOOT! TOOOOOOOOOOT!

Last edited by Laimbeer; 06-25-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #59
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzien
Why do people keep confusing critical analysis with negativity?

If something looks bad or unchanged or poorly implemented, then it deserves criticism.
Critical analysis of something you've yet to touch? How can you even begin to legitimately analyze something you've yet to play?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #60
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbats1000
Yep because EA is and should be held ACCOUNTABLE
No one said they weren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Just fyi I meant to clarify that when I quoted your post. I think a lot of times people try to make logical sense out of something Tiburon does that's illogical. And that's what's occurring now; speculation that the reason M11 doesn't seem to have been given their "full effort" is because they're actually working on big things for M12. I remember when Madden 06 for the PS2 made incremental improvements and lots of people were theorizing they were placing most of their resources behind developing Madden 360 - which obviously turned out to be a huge disappointment. But then we were doing the same thing; trying to make sense of something that doesn't make sense. It's Tiburon; it's what they do and how they've always done things.
It still doesn't explain how its an excuse though. He didn't say it IS the sole reason they will improve drastically next year and not do as much this year. He just said its a possibility of why things are like this. It's kinda like scientific method; He made a hypothesis, if it happens like he said then it supports it. If not then you were right, "same old Tiburon". Big whoop. Doesn't mean he can't speculate. He never said that this is the exact reason why this year didn't see as many improvements. Just a thought. The key words in his original post are: think, probably, and my opinion. Also at the same itme he never told anyone to be happy about it either becasuse you have the right ot be upset if this is true. Unless you are one of those people who have been clamoring for the 2 year cycle. That last statement is my opinion though.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
Remember you heard it here first. I think Madden is moving on to a physics based engine next year. They will be scrapping all but the newest features. Madden 11 has been done for about 3-4 months atleast, IMO. They are already baking a new cake. I don't blame them. The current regime has been standing on someone elses legs long enough.
I can't reveal my sources but the quote from foolish is 100% accurate.
Last comment I will make on this subject.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #62
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
It's false statements like this that sometimes causes people to dismiss reasonable criticism.

Anyway, some of you guys seem like you have constant "delusions of grandeur" when it comes to next-gen Madden. When ever EA gives gamers it's corporate butt to kiss with a lackluster Madden, some people ALWAYS turn that into a good thing for the game. Like I have said before, this is a sick, twisted and abusive consumer relationship some of you guys have with EA concerning next-gen Madden, IMO. EA keeps promising you it will change the way it treats Madden "next year" but every year, it's more of the same. Then EA says it can't just change overnight and 6 years later, you guys are still eating it up.

EAs' Peter Moore comments have been posted, Madden devs tweets, Madden devs' OS posts, Madden devs blogs and even a poster claiming he has heard stuff directly from EA employees. That means squat by itself, but add to that numerous youtube videos of Madden devs saying some of the same things, every year, for 6 years and the most damning evidence of all, yearly next-gen Madden, yet some guys still believe in "next year"! LOL

This is an attempted intervention and wake up call to some guys. To all mentally abused next-gen Madden consumers, NFL 2k5 fans and NFL football fans suffering from "stockholm syndrome" after being "held captive" by EAs' exclusive NFL license for 6 years. EA is NOT, I repeat, NOT, focused on or concerned with making next-gen Madden a better NFL football game. EAs' ONLY concern is to maximize profit and the best way to do that, according to EA Sports President Peter Moore and confirmed by EAs yearly next-gen Madden product, is to find ways to take "further advantage of the consumer". You guys are thinking like NFL football game consumers, not like NFL football game execs. Step outside your consumer box and try to think like these guys. Think about all that has been said by EA about Madden vs all that has been actually done. I know this is probably tough for some to listen to and deal with but REALITY IS A B***H SOMETIMES! LOL

Now, like Madden 11, Im DONE!
Excellent post man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Critical analysis of something you've yet to touch? How can you even begin to legitimately analyze something you've yet to play?
Some of us don't need to go outside and get wet to know that it's raining. I don't need to touch the game to know that I don't like the sliding in the game. I don't need to touch the game to know that I don't like the defenders bouncing off of the ball carrier. I don't need to touch the game for these things.

I just saw something earlier today that got me to thinking( uh oh). I saw today that Tiburon developed EA's new MMA game this year. I'm thinking maybe they didn't/don't have the resources to work on all 3 titles. They all release around the same time so work has to be done on all 3 simultaneously. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the reason we're getting a lackluster Madden this year. They probably spent a lot of time and resources getting EA Sports MMA off the ground. I don't know, but the fact that they are done 2 months early is another confirmation of the lack of effort that's getting put forth into 11 this year. Boy, oh boy, I hope 12 is off the chain because if it isn't.....well I don't even wanna think about what's gonna happen.

Last edited by splff3000; 06-25-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

We can even get the basic in the game ....this is not even a real football game no pre-game,Half-time or post game wrap up....at least not to the level it should be by now, Ref's are not even on the field....not the full crew any way......EA has the ability to make madden good but refuse too ....they just buy up any and all competition when they are threatened and they will continue on there currrent path
Old 06-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 8

Good... I'm glad it's finished... It's one ste closer to being in my hands!!!

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »