Home

Old 06-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefunk
Why do some people get bent outta shape over ratings when they can change them anyway they want?
Yes I agree bro. Even if the ratings are back up to the place it was in the old madden days. Who cares. At this point ratings don't really matter to the AI when it is over powered on all pro and all madden settings. I have nothing agaist where the madden ratings are currently.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #10
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

YOU CANNOT JUDGE HOW GOOD A CB IS BY HIS STATS. Aso would be one of the worst CBs in the game if that were the case... (which clearly it isn't)

But props to Woodson, I thought they were giving him a lot of justice this year by rating him that high.. He is my favorite player afterall...
Old 06-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

INTs, Tackles and Sacks DO NOT tell the story for a CB.

Here's what happened when the opposing team threw at these guys:

--Revis: 41/111 36% 2 TD 6 INT 23 Passes Defensed 32.3 QB Rating

--Asomugha: 21/28 75% 1 TD 1 INT 2 Passes Defensed 98.2 QB Rating

--Woodson: 39/76 51% 5 TD 9 INT 9 Passes Defensed 51.8 QB Rating, also Woodson stopped the run as well as a top Safety.

I bolded everyone's important numbers.

--Revis was always locked onto the opposing team's best WR and he effectively made opposing QBs worse than Jamarcus Russell.

--Asomugha usually stayed on one side of the field, but he's so good that he was thrown at less than 2 times per game. That's literally locking down one side.

--Woodson was all over the field, played multiple positions, and could cover, stop the run, blitz, and force fumbles.

Looks like each CB was great in 3 distinct ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
INTs, Tackles and Sacks DO NOT tell the story for a CB.

Here's what happened when the opposing team threw at these guys:

--Revis: 41/111 36% 2 TD 6 INT 23 Passes Defensed 32.3 QB Rating

--Asomugha: 21/28 75% 1 TD 1 INT 2 Passes Defensed 98.2 QB Rating

--Woodson: 39/76 51% 5 TD 9 INT 9 Passes Defensed 51.8 QB Rating, also Woodson stopped the run as well as a top Safety.

I bolded everyone's important numbers.

--Revis was always locked onto the opposing team's best WR and he effectively made opposing QBs worse than Jamarcus Russell.

--Asomugha usually stayed on one side of the field, but he's so good that he was thrown at less than 2 times per game. That's literally locking down one side.

--Woodson was all over the field, played multiple positions, and could cover, stop the run, blitz, and force fumbles.

Looks like each CB was great in 3 distinct ways.
Thanks for taking the time. You are 100% correct.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #13
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

While you guys are on the subject, someone please tell me what's Favres INJ rating. It should be low but that should be countered by him having a high TGH rating. That "old" joker is always getting hurt, he's just too crazy and stubborn not play! LOL

Im just wondering if that's the way those ratings work in Madden because they should, IMO. Here is another area of Madden that repeatedly frustrates me because the expanding ratings have so much potential. Too bad utilizing Maddens' NFL football potential requires innovation instead of greed because, EA has plenty of the latter, IMO.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

*palm face* Good Lord...I wish Madden would just go ahead & get rid of overalls since people are too lazy to actually analyze the general ratings. Plus Aso doesn't have stats simply because he's that good of a shut down corner.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #15
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
YOU CANNOT JUDGE HOW GOOD A CB IS BY HIS STATS.
That's an interesting point that I agree with but leads to other questions like progression and the true value of ratings. In the game right now as it is set up, how does a CB progess but for stats? Same thing for offensive linemen? I'm starting to get on boat with abandoning the 1-100 ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau 1919
Im trying to understand how these ratings work. Check this out

Revis overall rating 99- 1 defensive touchdown, 8 interceptions, 54 tackles, 0 sacks

Asomaugh overall rating 98- 0 defensive touchdowns, 1 interception, 34 tackles, 0 sacks

Woodson overall rating 97- 3 defensive touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 74 tackles, 2 sacks, Defensive player of the year.

Am I missing something here?
I'm pretty sure they are using the following ratings combined together when getting an overall rating for a player at DB

Press Coverage
Man Coverage
Zone Coverage
Play Recognition
Catching
Tackling
Pursuit
Awareness
Speed
Agility
Acceleration

Those are all the ratings that make up a DB's overall rating in Madden

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »