Home

formation shifts, playbook variety, individual Bump'nRun, Lead Blocking Control....

This is a discussion on formation shifts, playbook variety, individual Bump'nRun, Lead Blocking Control.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: formation shifts, playbook variety, individual Bump'nRun, Lead Blocking Control..

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Ya know everyone has features that they liked or disliked over the years. I couldn't stand formation audibles, they seemed to somehow always mess the AI up. I never got why Madden won't just give us the ability to motion more than one player (once the first player comes set that is). Motioning 2 players does the same thing as a formation audible, it changes the formation.

I personally loved the vision and precision. I thought it was the one truely innovative feature that Tiburon EVER put in the gm. It brought some semblance of realism of what playing the QB position is really like, while making QB ratings actually matter. Not only did the QB have to see his WR to make an accurate throw, it gave you the ability to "look off" safeties and DB's, stopped all the arcadey nonsense of players full out SPRINTING straight backwards 20 yds and launching 60 yd bombs perfectly accurate on the fly. Thats why they took it out, because Madden fans don't want "simulation", they want easy, safe, familiar gameplay.
True. The formations shifts did mess with the AI but that is because the feature was programmed and implemented horribly. It sounds like you would accept formation shifts with open arms as long as it does not exploit the AI because; you gave a workaround which is actually a good idea. However, I know this is an excuse (amongst others) that EA uses, IMO, this excuse is not valid. EA can easily put the time in to implement formation shifts correctly so that the AI is not exploited. It is very frustrating playing a boring game. I want as much control and as many options as possible, and I believe we all would not mind more control/options.....which brings me to the QB vison thing.....

I cannot believe i forgot about qb vision....My GOD....this is starting to really upset me lol. Think about it. We have been stripped of at least 4 or 5 LEGIT features that made this game an authentic experience. It is absolutely a disgrace that these features are no longer in the game. SMFH
(EA)(me)

Last edited by Hbats1000; 06-26-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: formation shifts, playbook variety, individual Bump'nRun, Lead Blocking Control..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
I actually remember the devs on here asking yay or nay on Lead blocking and most everyone here said nay, to my surprise.

As for the other 3, there really isn't a good excuse.
I remember this too when I came on here last year to look at what was being discussed.

It was an overwhelming majority who said No.

BUT,

I ask, if EA can ask the community about lead blocking control, why cant they ask about everything else???

ALSO,

The majority said no NOT because they did not like the feature but because it was, once again, implemented poorly by EA!!!! The argument of most was that it did not matter if you had ochocinco at LT he would pancake Jared Allen!!!! If EA had proposed that the Lead Blocking Control was fixed so that it was not an automatic pancake, I am 100% there would have been better results.

Just my 2 cents, but O well, me and all my friends now play live and the show and we were once big time madden heads. If maddens does not step it up, they lose about 10 hardcore gamers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »