Home

REAL TIME PHYSICS?

This is a discussion on REAL TIME PHYSICS? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: REAL TIME PHYSICS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Did you just call me ignorant? Because Im satisfied with what EA has this year?

The minute EA puts in RTP everyone will be asking for it to be better.
Didnt we get what that soccer game has this year?Alot of people have been asking for that for years.

Im happy for what EA has provided with Locomotion.Im ready for other improvements now.Maybe an Owner Mode.Every year this part of the game is number 1 on the priority list.For 6 years! Im sick of it.Sure if Gameplay isnt good then the game isnt good,but if theres not a good Franchise then there is no REPLAY VALUE and the game gets put on the shelf to be traded in.

If you are calling me ignorant for feeling this way then thats your problem.
Well we all have different reasons for playing. I don't know how anyone could ever get sick of them working on gameplay. It's #1 and as you stated yourself, if it isnt good, or isnt alot better than the previous year, you are getting robbed and paying for a roster update.

Me, i have never played a single franchise game. I'd rather watch paint dry than play the CPU. Madden is, and has always been about head to head gameplay. It's a videogame "simulation"(use the term lightly lol) of NFL football, not fantasy football. The CPU falls for the same weak stuff over and over again.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #18
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
Yeah, really low. Why would you not care to have realistic outcomes from physical contact in a football game instead of predetermined animations & outcomes that doesn't take any true factors like weight & momentum into account which also to control away from you player on the field??? Just kind of ignorant to say the least.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #19
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Old 06-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #20
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
Yeah, really low. Why would you not care to have realistic outcomes from physical contact in a football game instead of predetermined animations & outcomes that doesn't take any true factors like weight & momentum into account which also to control away from you player on the field??? Just kind of ignorant to say the least.
It was downright stupid to call someone ignorant for enjoying what they have.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 06-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
It was downright stupid to call someone ignorant for enjoying what they have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
Not potentially. It is way better.
I'd bet none of you wanting this tech actually knows what really goes into it and what sacrifices would be made to actually achieve this.

btw in reference to the cell processor doing this or that...it can do great things when programmed for it...however when you have the 360 having to be catered to...it doesn't make financial sense to put more work into the ps3 when people will buy it as is.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 27

Hmmmm... I'm not sure where people got the idea that locomotion is new or some kind of an engine all to itself to be compared to a physics-based engine. Locomotion is just standard animation terminology describing the operation of the parts of an animation cycle and/or behavior, its variations, its blending, etc. Even games featuring physics-based engines include locomotion. You've been witnessing locomotion in practically every game you've ever played. Sometimes it's done well, sometimes it's not. Here is a visual demonstration of what locomotion means in action:

http://www.moddb.com/games/epsylon/v...omotion-system

When you run, back up, block... it's all part of a cycle of animation frames adhering to a behavior until another event, condition or action causes the model to do something else. The only advantage we've seen a physics-based system make for football is in the collisions, but the rest of the animations you've been seeing are mo-capped in the standard way just like every other football game, because they have to be (unless you exclusively keyframe, which would be a disaster).

The collisions in Madden need serious help, and physics-based collisions would certainly do the trick, but it's not going to eliminate any of the core issues with the game beyond the superficial.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #24
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Hmmmm... I'm not sure where people got the idea that locomotion is new or some kind of an engine all to itself to be compared to a physics-based engine. Locomotion is just standard animation terminology describing the operation of the parts of an animation cycle and/or behavior, its variations, its blending, etc. Even games featuring physics-based engines include locomotion. You've been witnessing locomotion in practically every game you've ever played. Sometimes it's done well, sometimes it's not. Here is a visual demonstration of what locomotion means in action:

http://www.moddb.com/games/epsylon/v...omotion-system

When you run, back up, block... it's all part of a cycle of animation frames adhering to a behavior until another event, condition or action causes the model to do something else. The only advantage we've seen a physics-based system make for football is in the collisions, but the rest of the animations you've been seeing are mo-capped in the standard way just like every other football game, because they have to be (unless you exclusively keyframe, which would be a disaster).

The collisions in Madden need serious help, and physics-based collisions would certainly do the trick, but it's not going to eliminate any of the core issues with the game beyond the superficial.
Exactly like I have been saying but in layman's terms! LOL! Next-gen Maddens' current engine has little, if anything, to do with the majority of its' legacy issues. This is yet another cop out for why the game has not improved more. Most of these issues could be corrected and next-gen Madden molded into a great NFL football game, using the current engine(s), if EA had the PROPER "vision" for the game, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »