Home

Constructive Criticism (READ NOW, Instant bans Now In Effect)

This is a discussion on Constructive Criticism (READ NOW, Instant bans Now In Effect) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #57
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Constructive Criticism (READ NOW, Instant bans Now In Effect)

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stay away from the Madden forums for awhile. I enjoy a lot of other forums here at OS and don't wanna get banned from those because they wanna get super strict in the Madden forum. I learned my lesson in one of the "swagger" threads that got closed, where infractions were handed out like fliers. I don't want that happening again, where a legitimate statement like "Is this a joke?" earns you an infraction. I'll be honest though, the mod that gave me the infraction was understanding and reversed it after I explained my case, but the next one might not be. So on that note, I'll take my leave until around October or November, or whenever the 2nd patch releases, to get impressions. Who knows, I may be able to find Madden 11 on Craigslist for 15 dollars, like I did with madden 10, by then. Peace

Last edited by splff3000; 06-29-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Yeah, I think I'm gonna stay away from the Madden forums for awhile. I enjoy a lot of other forums here at OS and don't wanna get banned from those because they wanna get super strict in the Madden forum. I learned my lesson in one of the "swagger" threads that got closed, where infractions were handed out like fliers. I don't want that happening again, where a legitimate statement like "Is this is a joke?" earns you an infraction. I'll be honest though, the mod that gave me the infraction was understanding and reversed it after I explained my case, but the next one might not be. So on that note, I'll take my leave until around October or November, or whenever the 2nd patch releases, to get impressions. Who knows, I may be able to find Madden 11 on Craigslist for 15 dollars, like I did with madden 10, by then. Peace
Haha bro just watch what you say and you're fine. I did see what you posted last night and do agree it was silly for you to get an infraction, but the mod reversed it and its over.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #59
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Hey, I'm offended by that.....I demand an apology....get the President on the phone stat, you'll pay for this! Just kidding man, seriously though, that's why I am going to police myself in borderline and even some slightly above borderline situations, just to be sure.
Lol I didn't mean that as a shot at you, sorry dude.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #60
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Yeah, I think I'm gonna stay away from the Madden forums for awhile. I enjoy a lot of other forums here at OS and don't wanna get banned from those because they wanna get super strict in the Madden forum. I learned my lesson in one of the "swagger" threads that got closed, where infractions were handed out like fliers. I don't want that happening again, where a legitimate statement like "Is this a joke?" earns you an infraction. I'll be honest though, the mod that gave me the infraction was understanding and reversed it after I explained my case, but the next one might not be. So on that note, I'll take my leave until around October or November, or whenever the 2nd patch releases, to get impressions. Who knows, I may be able to find Madden 11 on Craigslist for 15 dollars, like I did with madden 10, by then. Peace
The mods can correct me if I'm wrong but...... I believe this is going to be the standard for OS. Therefore, you will have to mind your p's and q's throughout this site.

Oh and here's to not needing two patches this year

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #61
Banned

Brnto4life's Arena

OVR: 6

Sourcing AskMen.com makes anyone look silly.

I'd suggest using a more educational website as your source on constructive criticism.
Something like this: http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/comm.../criticism.htm

Last edited by Brnto4life; 06-29-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 5

Sounds fine to me as long as the mods aren't biased/playing favorites. I've read a few comments, since seeing a bunch of accounts banned, that must have been overlooked as the users were not banned and the criticism was not constructive.

Or maybe those users who were banned were MORE critical/malicious than the ones who haven't been banned yet.

Last edited by BloodMeridian; 06-29-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-29-2010, 08:56 PM   #63
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol I didn't mean that as a shot at you, sorry dude.
It's too late for apologies.....The President is on Air Force One headed to........well........ummmm........wherever you are. Nah, it's cool, I know you weren't referring to me, you were just trying to get a point across and answer the guys question.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #64
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree that many times criticism is too often destructive but there is a place for it. Anyways, should help clean up the site.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »