Home

So what DID they fix in franchise?

This is a discussion on So what DID they fix in franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #41
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: So what DID they fix in franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I just think they go into a year with a list of things that need to get done and prioritize them and unfortunately for us, franchise didn't make the cut.
They do, and it did. I know why, I and I still don't know why. If that doesn't make any since, that's because none of it makes any logical since to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #42
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm not defending the decision to not touch Franchise...I just see the reasoning for not overhauling it completely. Could they have done expanded rosters, working IR and other things we've been clamoring for? I'm almost certain they could've. So I agree wtih you guys that a CBA is no excuse for not touching franchise...

Although I think you are selling free agency, salary cap, etc short...There's a lot of changes in how free agency is going to work depending on what happens...Restricted Free Agents vs Unrestricted, etc...also, a rookie pay scale may come into effect, and that could have a pretty good impact on contracts, salary cap (and therefore free agency again) which, to my estimation, is a large part of the offseason...which is a pretty good chunk of franchise.

But again, shame on EA for not doing something more to franchise than they did...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 06-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #43

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
Although I think you are selling free agency, salary cap, etc short...There's a lot of changes in how free agency is going to work depending on what happens...Restricted Free Agents vs Unrestricted, etc...also, a rookie pay scale may come into effect, and that could have a pretty good impact on contracts, salary cap (and therefore free agency again) which, to my estimation, is a large part of the offseason...which is a pretty good chunk of franchise.
Yea, that's why I mentioned I don't think it's simply a coping method or a justification.

I think there is a legitimate argument to be had that it may not have been worth it for them to do much to it this year with so many other pressing needs.

It sucks for us here on this site because of the predominate amount of franchise only players, but as a business decision, I could see that being enough of a reason for them to sit down in a meeting and say "Let's just wait until next year when we see what happens."
Old 06-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

My main problem is how they portrayed Online Franchise as being able to update it whenever they wanted. They even say it isn't a yearly thing but an anytime thing as far as upgrading it.

Hopefully it does get some revisions in time. I'm sure the powers that be nixed it and it wasn't an Ian decision etc..
I really love what I see this year and am pretty pumped about Madden 11 but it still stings a little that OF wasn't touched.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 AM   #45
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I'm not defending the decision to not touch Franchise...I just see the reasoning for not overhauling it completely. Could they have done expanded rosters, working IR and other things we've been clamoring for? I'm almost certain they could've. So I agree wtih you guys that a CBA is no excuse for not touching franchise...

But again, shame on EA for not doing something more to franchise than they did...
I have been thinking like PG ever sense I read what Adembroski said but just let it go. Now since he brought it up, here is my 2 cents.

With all due respect, when has EA worried about Madden matching the NFLs' contract system? Every year they just copy each players existing contract and stick it in the game, as far as I can tell. All this talk about them skipping overhauling franchise because there will be a new CBA doesn't add up. To my knowledge, Madden 10 didn't even have RFA or conform to the same structure of the current CBA, so why would Madden 12 be any different? Using this logic, in Madden 11, in the first franchise year, there will be no salary cap. So offline franchise will be just like online for the first year, we can sign any and every player that will fit. Not to mention, where does that leave us in franchise year two! C'mon man, are you guys serious?

This is why EA gets away with so much concerning Madden, IMO. All the have to do is plant a seed and some people will fertilize it with bs till it grows. Only thing EA said was that they were waiting to overhaul franchise because it would take over a year to do it. People have taken that questionable announcement and made it into a declaration that EA is commited to Madden 12 being the "year of the offline franchise". Then if next year we finally do get working IR, future draft pick trades, upgraded Extra Point and an online franchise that matches offline, people will be so thankful. Not once stopping to think about why that would take over a year to add. LOL

This stuff carries over into other areas too but I will end my rant with this promise. If Madden 12 comes out and its' franchise contract structure matches the NFL new CBA when signing, releasing and trading players, I will preorder Madden 12 for the first OSer that PMs me the link! LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 01:43 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Initially, when I first heard their admission that they didn't do too much with franchise mode for this year, I was gonna pass on '11 since franchise mode is all I play. But as stated before, the ridiculous sim stats in '10 pretty much ensures that I actually go get '11. I realized this when I turned on my madden '10 for the first time in months, how unplayable the franchise was with the stats. Too bad I didn't trade it in earlier. I wonder how much I could get now for madden '10 and Ncaa '10.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 18

Just going to break this down in * points.

*Improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks)
*In-game injuries
*Super Bowl presentation
*NCAA Draft Class tuning
*Completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes
*Added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site.
*Game Planning.

This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes

Last edited by Sausage; 07-01-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:39 AM   #48
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
"Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes."
Umm great secondary? Maybe a couple years ago but this year they have 2 huge question marks at RCB and FS and a LCB who does his best impression of a matador any time he is faced with a situation in which he should make a tackle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »