Home

Auto Sprint or Turbo Button?

This is a discussion on Auto Sprint or Turbo Button? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Auto Sprint or Turbo Button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You are still interpreting it wrong.
Please correct me.

I've been using analog control since the first day it was available on Madden '99 and have always interpreted 'full analog' control to mean the proportional distance the stick is pushed from center is directly proportional to the speed a player moves, where it's opposite digital control gives us an 'all or nothing' response that generates the same player speed no matter how much pressure is applied.

Later
Old 07-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #50

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Please correct me.
We've been telling you how it works for the entire thread, there is really no sense in continually reiterating it only to have you dismiss it.

You disagree, thats fine, I just feel that you are going to miss out on a good option because you don't understand how it works.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
We've been telling you how it works for the entire thread, there is really no sense in continually reiterating it only to have you dismiss it.

You disagree, thats fine, I just feel that you are going to miss out on a good option because you don't understand how it works.
Not exactly. No one except me has explained what analog control is... other posts have made comparisons to other games like NHL and NCAA to explain how it doesn't work.

I've been explaining what analog control and that Madden 10 does not have analog control for the ball carrier. Merely moving the sprint function to activate at the extremes of the left stick is NOT the same as full analog control...

How should I expect it to work... Please don't offer up the most common explanation that implies I'm too stupid to understand, so it's not even worth trying to explain. So... I'll leave it to you to explain it to me like I'm a three year old.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #52
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

i think TNT has it...acc to ian....pressure sensitive...push up 25%...ball carrier is at 25% of top speed....push all the way up ball carrier will get to 100% ...hopefully there is a noticable transition going from 25% to 100%..i guess the ACC rating determines how fast the ballcarrier goes from 25% to 100%
Old 07-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
i think TNT has it...acc to ian....pressure sensitive...push up 25%...ball carrier is at 25% of top speed....push all the way up ball carrier will get to 100% ...hopefully there is a noticable transition going from 25% to 100%..i guess the ACC rating determines how fast the ballcarrier goes from 25% to 100%
TNT does have it as far as 25% of top speed being equal to 25% up on the stick. I think the other poster was implying that it isn't instantaneous. If you start at 0% and push to 75%, you will have to wait until the acceleration rating allows you to reach 75% of your top speed. TNT never said that he thought it was instantaneous, but I believe that is what was being referred to when it was said that TNT's explanation was an over-simplification.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 12

I don't like it, i don't like the fine control of the player and speed control on the same stick. What if i want to make a quick bust while making a fine adjustment in direction.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:41 AM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
^
there will be no sprint button by default (although it can be turned back on in the menu) and players will just naturally accelerate to their top speed automatically, based on the new locomotion system's effect on acceleration.

^
yes, 2K had the button tapping to sprinting faster
No F'n way? Are you guys serious? Madden now has the option to let us choose the option to tap a button to run faster and break tackles like NFL 2k5 did? If so.. i cant believe it..this was one thing i been asking in here since EAsports got the exclusive deal with the NFL football games. Infact in another thread posted by OS Chris..some videos he posted on July 2nd or 4th... i cant remember...i had replied and mentioned i wish Madden team would see the light and add the option to let us tap the button to run faster and to tap the button to break tackles.

The name they are calling this option confused me i guess..it doesnt really represent what it means to use this option.

Just to clarify this again - Are you guys saying that in madden we can now "tap" the button repeatidly to run faster and to break out of tackles by pressing the button rapidly to do this or are you saying that you press and hold it down to run faster and press and hold the button down to break a tackle? Because there is a big difference to me in a option allowing us to tap the button over and over to run faster and break tackles or simply holding it down like the past..which felt very unnatural and was not fun at all.

Allowing us to press the button repeatedly over and over to run faster and break tackles "like in NFL 2k5" would really REALLY make running the rock much much much more fun...im talking a huge difference here guys.

This was one of the biggest problems about madden in all the years i played madden...it just killed the fun factor of running the rock..well that and madden needed way more running animations which it looks like they finally fixed for good..thank god but man..if this is true about the the new option to let us press the button "repeatedly" to run faster while running the ball or to break a tackle when the D grabs you up..im lost for words if true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 01:53 AM   #56
MVP

ugh! I may have spoken too soon damn it - after reading all the replies..im starting to think that madden 11 will have no button tapping to run faster or to break tackles like 2k5 did. Man..its just a simple thing to give us as an option and us gamers that really liked the 2k5 running / tackle breaking system looks to be still waiting for the day madden will sport this. Unless im totally missing it all here lol

Owell..im not gonna lose sleep over this but i really hope the madden team see's this and understands that maybe just maybe..giving madden the option to button tap to run faster or break tackles will really boost the overall "feel" of running the ball or breaking tackles..its a simple idea, but its VERY effective in making the user feel he "earned" his yards. Faster RB's will be more responsive to the tapping..while slower RB's wont..so artributes can still be what they are..2k5 implemented it well as a matter of fact.

Last edited by Moegames; 07-05-2010 at 01:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »