Home

WHY are the DB's making their cuts BEFORE recievers

This is a discussion on WHY are the DB's making their cuts BEFORE recievers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #49
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: WHY are the DB's making their cuts BEFORE recievers

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
fari enough bud

i just can't past the david ortiz days and his 'sexy player models' quote....and even worse when talking about GFX, the team bragged about re-creating the stadiums to exact detail..right down to water fountains properly placed in the parks. not the direction i would have chosen.

Agree with the Ortiz era not being memorable. Not too fondly anyway, but I can't say that I am all that enamored with the direction that the game is headed now either, to tell you the truth.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #50
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I guess people are forgetting last generation. I have been playing Madden 07 on my original XBox a lot recently and while coverage can look almost cartoon like, user and computer player "make mistakes" or get tricked on play action or counter plays. I may have to record some video to provide evidence.

For example, on play actions I have seen linebackers and/or defensive backs [not the whole team, just a player or two] who will "bite" on a play action and come up to stop the run, only to stumble and try to recover in coverage, often leaving their man wide open. On a counter you will see linebackers from time to time move in the direction of the initial step just like they are supposed to in real life. These things also tend to happen after you have a ground game going, not just because you called a play action or counter.

Playing Madden 07 on the original XBox is a reminder why so many people long for last generation's game play with today's graphics and other new aditions [like game speed slider from M10.] It isn't looking fondly with rose colored glasses... these games have flaws as well, but the core game play both pre-snap and post-snap are superior to Madden 10 on the 360/PS3. But goodness... Next gen looks SO pretty. [I'm not being sarcastic... it's freaking pretty. Almost life like in pictures.]
Yup, remember defenders biting on play action on last gen and it was awesome. The game is really missing general Flow by the LBs in the running game, and then similar Flow on play action. There should be a few false steps here and there that we can exploit as the QB. If we don't exploit them in time, then the defender can recover.

I feel like the QB Play Action rating is fairly useless since most defenders never actually bite on PA.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #51
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I started a thread on Revis, but I'll also post the video here on what GREAT CB play should look like:

fficeffice" />>>
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 36

I'm guessing no one read my post that you can end psychic DB play by just lowering defensive reaction to 45. With this, Revis, Woodson, and Asomugha were almost unthrowable on in Madden 10 (as long as you had realistic QB accuracy and WR catching). This isn't a big deal as it can be easily stopped by us, the user.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #53
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
I'm guessing no one read my post that you can end psychic DB play by just lowering defensive reaction to 45. With this, Revis, Woodson, and Asomugha were almost unthrowable on in Madden 10 (as long as you had realistic QB accuracy and WR catching). This isn't a big deal as it can be easily stopped by us, the user.

I read it, but a user slider isn't a fix. Many people, myself included, play online. You can't adjust any sliders for online play, so this isn't an option.

Even if you could, that doesn't change the fact that the way passes are defensed in Madden, among other things, needs revision.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

This whole game is just a series of "clever" programming tricks to cover up inibilities of the game engine. This is just another example of a programming trick. There are many of examples of this in the game. I just wish they would focus more on fixing the game engine than programming these work arounds. Until then I guess they're not getting my $60.
There are way too many other good sports games out there to play rather than just getting frustrated with this one.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 15

I thought the new locomotion engine was suppose to fix this because momentum was suppose to factor in when making cuts. Which is funny because I don't see this happening in NCAA 11 at all really. Must be a Madden thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #56
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I thought the new locomotion engine was suppose to fix this because momentum was suppose to factor in when making cuts. Which is funny because I don't see this happening in NCAA 11 at all really. Must be a Madden thing.
No, it DEFINITELY is in NCAA 11. I've seen it numerous times. The higher the difficulty, the more you see it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »