Home

Missing Players on Teams

This is a discussion on Missing Players on Teams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 02:08 AM   #9
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Missing Players on Teams

Spoony is on the Panthers, good to see him still with a job.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:31 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Real life rosters are 75+, we are limited to the top 55 guys per team. Plus a limitation of 300 free agents, so it's obvious we cannot accommodate every player on every team unfortunately.

We strive to keep the top 55 players on the team at all times. Since we cut off the rosters back in late May, there have been changes as you might well imagine that happened in real life that we were not able to capture in time for the late May cutoff. Thank goodness for online roster updates, where we can constantly try and keep the top 55 most relevant players on all 32 teams rosters (plus free agents).

Moving forward, is it a goal of Ian, Phil, Dan, Josh, and myself to have complete pre-season rosters with 75+ men in Madden at some point in the future, absolutely. Stay tuned.

Just trying to give you guys some insight into the process.

Donny

Thanks for this Donny. Although it is not as evident as people would like for it to be, I TRULY believe you guys are working as hard as you can to find a solution to make all rosters as authentic as possible. And it does give me hope for a real in-depth franchise in the future. I am not happy that this may happen in M12 at the earliest, but I do understand.

BTW, no complaints from me on the 49ers rosters as far as players left off...
Old 07-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Does anyone know how many rookies are put on the roster? Is it that years 1st-7th round picks? Or do they use disgression with 5th-7th round since most of those guys don't see the field year 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #12
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

That's what's tough...Tony Pike was a 6th rounder, and he's on the roster (over Hunter Cantwell who the coaches are raving about, and currently have AHEAD OF CLAUSEN), as is Greg Hardy a 6th round DE...I can see why Hardy is up there, as he's a virtual lock to make the team with his speed, athleticism and upside...Pike is most likely a practice squad player...I know it's difficult to pick out who WILL make the team...but it just seems like some of the choices about who stays and who goes are a little odd...case in point, a lot of Eagles fans are miffed because their 3rd round draft pick isn't on the roster...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »