Home

Madden Embargo?

This is a discussion on Madden Embargo? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden Embargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Of course this doesn't stop things being leaked, but it is pretty rare now days.
It doesn't stop things from being leaked, but it does tell the company who to NEVER share information with again. They guy that leaks things most certainly won't be invited to anything else.

Later
Old 07-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
It doesn't stop things from being leaked, but it does tell the company who to NEVER share information with again. They guy that leaks things most certainly won't be invited to anything else.

Later
Yeah, that was kind of my point, that's the reason leaks are rare (unless you happen to be the British government lol).
Old 07-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro
No, it's typical for virtually every single game made. Don't waste your time reading anything into it.
Not really...I ran out and pre-ordered GTA4 after I listened to a live hands on eWvent on the radio.

Problem is that I recall info and video being released previously for Madden "hands on" days. Even the posting about the event this year suggested that info would be released. There was even a Twitter update while one of the mods was driving to the event. The original posts for the "hands on" and E3 events solicited questions from members...then nothing. It seems obvious to me that the participants at the event thought they would be able to discuss the game.

There are no real secrets about this game that require an info blackout. I am really concerned if the only way to create "hype" for this year's game is this late embargo.

I hope I'm wrong about Madden 11 but there is no way I am buying this game before hearing directly from a broad base of members who own the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 03:01 AM   #12
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjew887
Doubtful, it's nothing but a 'hype' tactic to generate anxiety and crave for the game. It's a tactic apple uses all the time to get customers to purchase their items. Expect NOTHING new to come from this 'embargo' except increased hype.
that makes sense. this way you get a flood of info just prior to release so that people have it fresh in their minds once it does release.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »