Home

Continue VS Computer needs to be in Madden

This is a discussion on Continue VS Computer needs to be in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Continue VS Computer needs to be in Madden

Because it is not in NCAA 11. This has cost me 10 to 15 wins. People quit in the first half bc they are getting blown out, and i choose quit and count, and i do not recieve a win. Quit and count only works in the second half. There have been times that i chose to not score in the first half so my opponent wouldnt quit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Continue VS Computer needs to be in Madden

not sure i understand what you mean, but i believe OPTIONS are important...i dont play online to play the CPU--i want to play another PERSON. give me the option to get the win (without any points) when an opponent quits or disconnects...
Old 07-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

Honestly, this is the NUMBER ONE reason why i do not play online with randoms. I do think it is important to have options. This has made me not interested in playing online matches. But I can think of many other "need" that should be in Madden as opposed to this...
Old 07-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Pro

rooney8's Arena

Online doesn't appeal to me at all but would it not be possible for users to be rated differently so all the cheesers and quiters play each other and people who play the game right and always finish only play against same.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
Banned

Pringles's Arena

he is talking about people who quit. and you can't have the cpu takeover to continue the game so you get a win.
i hope they fix it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

oh i dont WANT the cpu to takeover, i want three options to pop up when someone quits/disconnects...

your opponent has quit/been disconnected you may...

1) finish the game .vs. the CPU and get the win AND the points.
2) end the game and take the win with NO POINTS.
3) end the game and get POINTS but NO WIN.

i've got better things to do than play against the CPU--that's NOT the reason i got online. yup--that was me looking for real, human competition.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by max B I L J C
Because it is not in NCAA 11. This has cost me 10 to 15 wins. People quit in the first half bc they are getting blown out, and i choose quit and count, and i do not recieve a win. Quit and count only works in the second half. There have been times that i chose to not score in the first half so my opponent wouldnt quit.

Sounds like a good idea on paper, but in practice, really makes no difference. Madden had this (or maybe still does have, don't know cause I didn't play Madden 10 online), but that didn't stop the outcomes from being wrong. A lot lol!

The overall win/loss procedure for Madden is flawed. I've seen times where the person that quit got the win and the person that didn't got the loss. Several times. I've seen a person quit and continued against the computer and won, and gotten no result at all, and even a loss. I've seen people quit and have both of us get losses. I've quit against friends because I had to go and had the game give me a win and them a loss lol.

The point is, that while it probably should be in NCAA, don't expect it to make the end result any more fair. The issues with the way that EA Servers handle wins and losses after quitting. is much deeper than just whether you can continue against the computer or not.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #8
Banned

Pringles's Arena

doesn't online keep track of your stats like running yards or passing yards per game maybe that is why you do not get those options. not sure because i do not play online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »