Home

International Madden Players

This is a discussion on International Madden Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #49
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: International Madden Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
No problem lads. Was actually at superbowl42 thanks to their fantasyfootball.
steeluk The Bhoys 4-0 tonight.
Thanks dude, with a name like Rooney you sure are a chirpy young man
Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeluk
From sunny Leeds, England! Getting it again this year of course, can't survive without my NFL fix.

Can't wait for the season to get underway. I had Sky Sports last year, but i'm thinking of getting gamepass this season, is it any good? I'm worried it might not be very stable depending on the amount of people watching?

All this talk of people getting it early really makes me wish i could do the same over here!

Also, (i'm dragging it out i know!) are there any UK based 360 franchises going down? Was in a US one for a while on Madden 10, but the time difference was a killer.
Gamepass is pretty good, I will probably get it again this season. Quality wise it's HD and I've rarely experienced any slow downs after the initial buffering and no disconnects at all (much better than NBA, which is my only comparison). The red zone channel is also really nice. It's great that you can switch between games during commercials (which are not shown btw, just the stadium most of the time) and watch all games on demand.
I think you need atleast 6mbit to fully enjoy it. If you have more bandwidth you can even watch games in paralel if I am not mistaken (I have to test this out this season). My only issue with the service is the price, tbh (in addition to ESPN America).
Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #51
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
I'm in South Africa! NFL fans are very few over here, as the the common feeling is that NFL players are sissies compared to rugby players because they have padded uniforms
And here I was thinking only us Aussies were too stupid to see the difference between a contact sport (rugby) and a collision sport (nfl).

I tend to find that amongst international Madden gamers, that a higher percentage tend to be Madden PC fans more so than US Madden gamers. In its prime, FootballFreaks was almost literally mostly filled with outside-US posters. I guess it's because firstly the PC version was never prone to being dicked around by the whole PAL thing, and secondly because in a lot of countries outside the US, gaming consoles are still not too popular. Just an interesting observation, and one that seemed quite troubling for the NFL as around the time EA canned Madden PC, they were in overdrive trying to sell the league internationally. Without Madden PC, I don't think i'd have ever been this into the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 09:36 AM   #52
Rookie

steeluk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
No problem lads. Was actually at superbowl42 thanks to their fantasyfootball.
steeluk The Bhoys 4-0 tonight.
I'm hoping bud! I can see us getting the win, but sadly i don't think we'll do enough to progress. Don't know what's happened to us in Europe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojobaer
Gamepass is pretty good, I will probably get it again this season. Quality wise it's HD and I've rarely experienced any slow downs after the initial buffering and no disconnects at all (much better than NBA, which is my only comparison). The red zone channel is also really nice. It's great that you can switch between games during commercials (which are not shown btw, just the stadium most of the time) and watch all games on demand.
I think you need atleast 6mbit to fully enjoy it. If you have more bandwidth you can even watch games in paralel if I am not mistaken (I have to test this out this season). My only issue with the service is the price, tbh (in addition to ESPN America).
Ah right, sounds good then. I think part of my worry was the NBA service that you mentioned. I heard that was horrendous!
Philadelphia Phillies

Currently Playing:

Wii U - Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

PS3 - Madden NFL 25, Dark Souls

3DS - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »