Home

want 2011 Madden but don't want to support EA?

This is a discussion on want 2011 Madden but don't want to support EA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: want 2011 Madden but don't want to support EA?

I'm going to surpport EA no matter what. EA has had their problems with madden they still need to do some big improvements. But I'm looking forward madden 11 and pretty much getting it day one no matter what. I know some people ain't happy. But like they say. You can't make everyone happy no matter what they do.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

This post has two points that I generally disagree with. The first is the original post. While I agree that if you want to make a stand hitting them in the pocket is the best way to do it. I don't see why you have to analyze it that much. If you want the game buy it because they made a game that you makes you want to purchase it. You may disagree with their priorities but at the end of the day you want it. If you really don't like EA then don't buy it at all.

Here's my problem I hate the game from November through June but then in July through October just before the release and for the first month or two I can't get enough of it and then it goes stale. Its not a bad product its just made by a team that doesn't share my vision and priorities and with the scope of Madden's audience it may never match my priorities.

The second position I have a problem with is the "I will support EA no matter what" stance. There should be a bar that's set for your expectations. Some of us are high some of us are lower but there should be something there not a free ticket.

Everyone here on some level should want to support EA. It is Madden's forum but to be positive no matter what is just as harmful as being negative no matter what. Its not going to help the game or the developers in the least.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #19
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I'm going to surpport EA no matter what. EA ... getting it day one no matter what:
Somehow I'm not surprised by this at all.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #20
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby
If you buy Madden used and want to play online you'll have to buy the EA Online Pass so you'll be supporting them anyway haha they got ya by the balls.

I think you guys are being too hard on this years game though. If it plays equal to, or better than NCAA it'll be great.
I agree. I've only played the demo for NCAA 11, but it was really good.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

I will have it the day it comes out, but I am NOT buying any more stock in EA!! That will teach them!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #22
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I'm going to surpport EA no matter what. EA has had their problems with madden they still need to do some big improvements. But I'm looking forward madden 11 and pretty much getting it day one no matter what. I know some people ain't happy. But like they say. You can't make everyone happy no matter what they do.

Dude, you love the game and that's fine, but don't minimize other people's frustrations with the game with the usual stock "the game is great, people just don't like it cause they are waiting for a perfect game" excuse.

Many people have issues with the game that are substantiated in some way. Meaning that they can describe what their frustration is. Note other games that have done a certain thing better, and come up with their own ideas on what might be better. You on the other hand lose all credibility when you say things like "I'll support EA no matter what." That makes no sense unless you know someone that works there or something. If you think that Madden is a quality product, then by all means support it, but you make it sound like you will support it even if you think it's a bad product, which I don't get.

FYI, the holier than thou "I love Madden and anyone that doesn't, is just a sad individual" mentality, is just as annoying as the "I hate Madden and anyone that doesn't see how bad the game is is just a blind sheeple" mentality.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:18 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

i'm the op, so here are a couple responses to comments:

1. i don't play online, so EA will never get that code money from me if i buy used.

2. i never said i didn't like the game Madden or enjoyed playing it for a while (like many here, it gets stale for me after a while).

my point is that if i -- or you, or anyone -- feels not enough improvements were made to Madden 2011 to warrant $60 for what may be just a roster update with a couple minor tweaks, if that's the case, don't buy it new.

you might WANT the roster update and be happy enough playing the 2010 game with the new rosters. but you might feel ripped off paying $60 for that. you might actually have a fundamental problem with supporting a company that charges a lot of money for what may not feel like a lot of value.

i like chocolate bars. but i'm not going to pay $10 for one.

it's a question of value for money and if you want to keep supporting a company that, some people feel, doesn't offer a lot of value with the "new" products each year. perhaps, just maybe, you want to "send a message" to a certain company that you expect a lot more for your money.

some people feel that they want to have their voices heard by the companies they've been supporting for years. the best way to have a corporation notice you is by voting with your dollar. posting on a message board is great venting but it's not very likely to have any impact on the product that hits the shelves.

again, this is HYPOTHETICAL, if the game doesn't feel all that different from 2010.

i'm a franchise addict. do i need to pay $60 for an update with new animations? maybe, maybe not. if the fundamental physics of the players moving feels a lot more real, that might feel like "value" to me. i'll have to wait and see. i'm not judging the game right now, just throwing out a hypothetical question.

and if you think buying used doesn't hurt a company, talk to your economics teacher or your accountant if your older.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:29 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Dude, you love the game and that's fine, but don't minimize other people's frustrations with the game with the usual stock "the game is great, people just don't like it cause they are waiting for a perfect game" excuse.

Many people have issues with the game that are substantiated in some way. Meaning that they can describe what their frustration is. Note other games that have done a certain thing better, and come up with their own ideas on what might be better. You on the other hand lose all credibility when you say things like "I'll support EA no matter what." That makes no sense unless you know someone that works there or something. If you think that Madden is a quality product, then by all means support it, but you make it sound like you will support it even if you think it's a bad product, which I don't get.

FYI, the holier than thou "I love Madden and anyone that doesn't, is just a sad individual" mentality, is just as annoying as the "I hate Madden and anyone that doesn't see how bad the game is is just a blind sheeple" mentality.

great post, I agree with it completely

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »