Home

49ers @ Bears Full game

This is a discussion on 49ers @ Bears Full game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: 49ers @ Bears Full game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
and I don't think I heard them once talk to each other....it just seems like they just added Johnson's lines late in development....
Spank was correct when he mentioned that the commentary is serviceable. I've heard MUCH better commentary in the other sports games. It's very disjointed and it is obvious that they just reused Chris Collinsworth over again from last year. There is zero banter between the commentators. This is the type of thing that gets people a little frustrated. That comes across as developer laziness and a lack of attention to detail that competitors like 2k did not miss. If you listen to the commentary in 2k5 and 2k8, or MLB the Show, it sounds like the guys are really there in the booth talking to each other and commentating the action on the field. It doesn't sound disjointed at all. The Tiburon team really needs to re-evaluate who they have handling the in game audio, because it's been far too many years with this.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

When I try top play the video it says its private... anything I need to do to view these?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #59
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

On the commentary front.....gus adds a TON of enthusiasm...a FIRST for madden...sad at year 20...but it is in now

Gus/Chris is what u hear on sunday's (i know they're not teamed together--save it) so that's another plus

it is choppy....clearly they are not in the booth together...the down side of not having "no- name fakes"

but as for banter..honestly.....shut up.....i don't like banter in real life & i don't need it in my videogames either.....let me hear the game...the ambiant sounds...the crowd...the stadium sounds...sure sprinkle in some anaylsis. The banter (in videogame world) is like those new superbowl celebration cut-scenes......it gets stale---fast

just my opinion though
Old 07-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
but as for banter..honestly.....shut up.....i don't like banter in real life & i don't need it in my videogames either.....let me hear the game...the ambiant sounds...the crowd...the stadium sounds...sure sprinkle in some anaylsis. The banter (in videogame world) is like those new superbowl celebration cut-scenes......it gets stale---fast
just my opinion though
Thats fine, but then don't give me (the customer) a pitch about "If you see it on Sundays..." because the banter happens every Sunday between commentators.

Works both ways.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Thats fine, but then don't give me (the customer) a pitch about "If you see it on Sundays..." because the banter happens every Sunday between commentators.

Works both ways.
And just like in real life, you can turn down the announcers or turn them off completely like I do when Tim Ryan and Joe Blow announce a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
You mean the unis don't get dirty? Right? Not sure what "dry cleaner quality clean" means other than checking out the side of the box of laundry detergent at the grocery store bro.
LMAO...You know what i mean...
Old 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #63
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Works both ways.
not here...i stated i don't like it on sunday afternoons

and the guys banter doesn't repeat every game either!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #64
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Damn, the videos don't work.

Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »