Home

49ers @ Bears Full game

This is a discussion on 49ers @ Bears Full game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #65
Rookie

Trustpt's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 49ers @ Bears Full game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
Damn, the videos don't work.
Same here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #66
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustpt
Same here.
I think the guy who made these videos didn't want to get in trouble. These videos was most likely made with a bootleg copy of madden 11 and the guy just didn't want EA to sue him or anything. That are he just wanted his friends to view them instead.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #67
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
On the commentary front.....gus adds a TON of enthusiasm...a FIRST for madden...sad at year 20...but it is in now

Gus/Chris is what u hear on sunday's (i know they're not teamed together--save it) so that's another plus

it is choppy....clearly they are not in the booth together...the down side of not having "no- name fakes"

but as for banter..honestly.....shut up.....i don't like banter in real life & i don't need it in my videogames either.....let me hear the game...the ambiant sounds...the crowd...the stadium sounds...sure sprinkle in some anaylsis. The banter (in videogame world) is like those new superbowl celebration cut-scenes......it gets stale---fast

just my opinion though
Banter should be optional though for those of us that actually like it....that is just like the half-time show argument...In my opinion, the more banter, half-time/post-game presentation/stat banners adds a ton of flavor to the game!

The commentary sounds like it just needs tweaking...and hopefully it can be fixed....because Gus is too far behind the action.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #68

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
The player interaction as a whole is pretty bad. I'm sure it'll be another year where they're not held to task on the issue by reviewers, but it's been unforgiveable for years now. With football being a collision sport, don't like the lack of collisions with the animation system, and the 1-on-1 tackling and lack of momentum/physics between the OL/DL or when players interact is an eyesore. Skating still seems pretty noticeable.

Also think if they'd do more to beef up the sidelines/crowds it'd do a lot for the overall look/immersion factor of the game (ala MLB the Show or NBA2K). The commentary is serviceable, don't get where some think it's "great" - I think that stems from people expecting it to be bad and giving it more credit than deserved. Defense is still a prop, no one ever stands out. I do like the new catch animations. And the stadium detail on the cutscenes is nice. It does look better than M10, but I'd expect that at the very least
I don't know that it looks better than Madden 10. There is some serious choppiness in this year's version. It's like the game has zero momentum. When a player misses a pass, everything stops and every player on the field falls out of his current animation. It's very stop and go. it also appears to me that the sliding is cause by players being sucked into an animation. I think it was the 2nd half video where the runner literally slides into a tackle. It looks awful.

This game's engine needs to be done away with. It has become more choppy and lacks any natural, fluid motion.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:22 AM   #69
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I don't know that it looks better than Madden 10. There is some serious choppiness in this year's version. It's like the game has zero momentum. When a player misses a pass, everything stops and every player on the field falls out of his current animation. It's very stop and go. it also appears to me that the sliding is cause by players being sucked into an animation. I think it was the 2nd half video where the runner literally slides into a tackle. It looks awful.

This game's engine needs to be done away with. It has become more choppy and lacks any natural, fluid motion.
I think this is really what it comes down to. I don't believe its a talent issue. They are completely handicapped by the engine. I thinks its blatantly obvious now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »