Home

Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #401
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 11 Demo Available Now, Please Post Impressions Here

Has anyone noticed if the receiver morph glitch is gone? The one where the ball looks like it's been overthrown, only to see the receiver pull off an exxagerated speed burst/morph to get to the spot where the ball is and make the catch.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #402
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
Has anyone noticed if the receiver morph glitch is gone? The one where the ball looks like it's been overthrown, only to see the receiver pull off an exxagerated speed burst/morph to get to the spot where the ball is and make the catch.
It's still there unfortunately
Old 07-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #403
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

i actually like the gameflow, as long as the right calls are being called.
but to me this should not be promoted as a new killer feature.. its just a different way to get plays in.

I think the kicking meter is a more accurate way to represent kicker ratings, but its such an old method, the kicking bar.

I'd like to see something more natural.. maybe like how NBA 2k does free throws.

The animations also just seem off to me. its like they are very jerky at times. It just doesn't seem smooth.

The camera is also zoomed out so far at times, its hard to even see down the field very well at times.

The ice skating and player shifting is pretty bad.. guys are sliding all over the place.

I did see a nice "on the run" throw by Manning when i was using him, and a nice sideline catch by Dallas Clark.. but the thing is that it just did not feel like i was in control of this.. it felt like it was predetermined Dallas Clark was going to make this sideline catch while the ball was in the air.. i dunno, its hard to explain.

maybe i need to try it on slow speed

Last edited by boooey; 07-27-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #404
Rookie

SportsCenter23's Arena

OVR: 2

Played a few games and so far I like it.
NCAA: Washington Huskies
RIP: Seattle Sonics
Old 07-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #405
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just played the demo. At first it felt the same as Madden 10 but by the end of the game it felt significantly improved. Oh and you guys that say normal speed is better.... are insane. I turned it to normal speed for a few drives.... and it felt AWFUL. If I didn't have the chance to change it back to slow in the retail version, I wouldn't even touch it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #406
Rookie

cmcghs's Arena

OVR: 6

2 things:

1) Why change the kick meter? One of the little pop-ups claims it will better represent your kickers skill but could they not have incorporated this into the old kick meter by making it go at random speeds for not-so-great kickers and a consistent one for good kickers?

2) Just like the rest of you I am not a fan of the strategy pad. Why remove what was already in place?
NHL: Dallas Stars
Old 07-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #407
Banned

OVR: 0

I dont freakin understand EA! I mean how is this hard stuff, Ok EA it seems that you guys dont thnk about normal stuff like.

1. How hard is it to record a dozen different endings to the superbowl? Come on! Seriously make the commissioner move different in some!

2. Announcing!!! Listen have any of you guys at EA ever watched a football game? We don't care about name guys in the booth!!! Just go and get 12 or 15 different no name voice actor teams and have em each do games so during a season you getting different feels. Chris Collinsworth doesn't do every game in real life!! Make up your own damn networks if you have to!

3. Ok you have had the ESPN license for how long??? Why does NFL 2k5 still have a better espn presentation than you!

EA hides the fact they are not creative or they are lazy by using the shield of game play! "Oh we are just concentrating on game play!" Really? Well whoever was concentrating on strategy pad needs to go work in the cafeteria!

EA ignores a lot. I am not even gonna get into franchise! I know you guys are hampered by old code but man you are starting to sound like you guys work for Microsoft! I mean damn let me change teams at least!

Why cant they get announcing right? Why cant they create 25 diffrent measuring scenes with the refs? Why? Why? Why? they never tell us why!!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #408
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
It's still there unfortunately
That stinks...this is the 3rd year now.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »