Home

Official Strategy Pad Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Strategy Pad Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #17
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
re: Official Strategy Pad Discussion Thread

Just off my first impression, I like the old way better. My hands are educated to make my adjustments without even thinking. Here, I can barely get anything in before the ball is snapped. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I don't get the point. I thought the strategy pad would make the process more streamlined, but right now it just seems slower.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Seriously? Strategy pad is THAT big of a deal?
Right now YES... But after 20 games, it won't be.

It's that 'innovation' people have been saying they are eager to see from EA... But innovation always hurts in the beginning.

Later
Old 07-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #19

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Seriously? Strategy pad is THAT big of a deal?
No, it's not. It's the fact that the ball snaps so quickly. That's my only issue. I think most of this strategy pad thing is knee jerk reaction.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #20
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpursnSaintsFTW
maybe 3 but my point is it takes longer with the strat pad and there was nothing wrong with the old system
Ok..sorry to start a argument but I really think its cause people are having a slow learning curve to it, I use to play madden on Xbox and GC all the time but when I bought a 360 it took awhile for me to get to use to the audibles just like how on the old gen sprint was a button not a trigger some wanted it to be a button again..
Old 07-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
HELL NO..keep the strategy pad no more nano exploiters....everyone is saying its EA's way of trying to hide their problems of the game yet, the people doing the nano's are exploiting the game. And also the strategy pad adds more realism not some hot route here hot route here and all that in 3 seconds come on now..and the people like to somethimes drop everyone back including D-lineman you wont be able to do these things so quick this year in order to exploit the game.
Yes I agree, online allowing people to much time before the snap does in fact lead to nanos and other glitches. Offline they could have left it the same as last year. Furthermore, I don't think the strategy pad is that big of a deal, like someone above me said after 20 games or so it will be second nature again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #22
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

SpeedKills im saying the same thing lol.. is it that serious?

I only played one game before i went to work this am and i was kinda annoyed it wasnt like previous maddens. I was more looking at the other improvements in my first game so tonight ill be able to sit down and see if it is THAT serious. its second nature for a lot of us to make adjustments without even looking. So it will def take a lil getting used to but i dont know it will be THAT hindering on a gameplan....

.. but ill see tonight when i really sit down with it.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 07-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #23
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
No, it's not. It's the fact that the ball snaps so quickly. That's my only issue. I think most of this strategy pad thing is knee jerk reaction.
Give this guy a prize. You nailed the problem right on the head. I thought at first the Pad idea was awful at first this morning because I couldn't really use it on D. But I finally got use to it after a few games. Now I can use it good now. But what you was saying about the ball is been snap so fast. You are correct. The AI snaps the ball 2 seconds after it gets up to the LOS. But that can be adjusted via patch. But if Ian and crew decided to adjust the AI to wait longer to snap the ball. They shouldn't make the AI wait for ever to snap. Just enough time for use to be able to make adjustments and that is all.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
Ok..sorry to start a argument but I really think its cause people are having a slow learning curve to it, I use to play madden on Xbox and GC all the time but when I bought a 360 it took awhile for me to get to use to the audibles just like how on the old gen sprint was a button not a trigger some wanted it to be a button again..
I will probably end up getting use to it but the way i see it is if it isn't broke then don't try to fix it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »