Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #65
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Skyboxer - I hear you on that but control changes will always cause the biggest uproar over anything else.

Superrandy - That's a great way of capturing how I feel. It almost seems as if EA is daring us to quit buying the game. That was what I was trying to espouse in my views and you capture it perfectly in one line. I've been buying Madden since the first year it was out for the PC, for like 15 to 17 years, whatever it is, and moves like this make me honestly question if EA wants the veterans of the series, people like me, to go away so they can go to a new demographic completely.
Problem is we are the minority. We all could bypass Madden this year and what would really change

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
I really am trying to give this game a fair shot, but I just keep finding myself going back to Madden 10. Strategy Pad is the big ugly elephant in the room this year. It makes the game less enjoyable and too much of a hassle.

People want to complain about the things that EA does wrong all the time. Well this is one of them. Especially when there are SO many more issues wrong with Madden. You mean to tell me that the guys at EA actually spent time on this rather than something more problematic? That alone makes this a headscratcher. When has anybody ever said, "change the playmaker system, because it's too much of a weapon for cheesers?"

Keep the old system, fix the AI...that's a step in the right direction. This strategy pad feature is dysfunctional, clunky and truly embarrassing.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Agree the AI among other things need worked on a lot. So why aren't we protesting that instead of a working(Yet un-needed waste of time change) strategy pad? That's my point.
Ok. I see what you're saying skyboxer. But I think we have complained and made enough videos posing the problems with AI, ProTak, momentum, etc. to the max. Those problems still haven't been tended to, yet they focus on putting in a useless and unneeded feature like Strategy Pad???

THAT'S the problem.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

The Strategy Pad needs to be scraped plain and simple.. and I actually enjoy the gameplay in the demo.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Now I know some will say that they can't do a lot of hot routing which is correct. However the reason for needing a lot of hot routing (Although I don't do a lot) is the lack of a really good play design/play calling system.
Fix that and we no longer need the ability to redesign plays at the LOS.
Sounds like a call for a play editor that allows us to create plays and use them online. Seeing how that's what we do anyway...

I'm all for a play editor!!!

Later
Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Can I sue Atlus for headaches causes by Demon's Soul's? I've banged my head a few times due to that (Great) game...so I should be able to sue them correct?
Um... I don't know what you're talking about. Never heard of Altus or Demon Souls.

Later
Old 07-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 16
EA doesn't learn form pass mistakes do they.

They did the same thing for Fight Night 4. They tried to force people to use the stick for punching.

Which never worked all that well.

I see a lot of people believing they won't post an update with the classic options.

Now that we have their attention I'm pretty sure they will do the right thing like they did with FF4 and make the classic stick options available.

Besides that. The pad is really not that bad. Once you know what you want to change it's actually faster.

I've got a couple of my switches down where as though I don't have to look at the screen and then the stick to know what I'm doing. The pad is actually faster than using the stick if you have the muscle memory.

I played 3 games and have my offensive line switches and show blitz down pack. I'm learning the pad is actually faster than stick once my muscle memory kicked in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 16
Excuse the double muscle memory statements. I meant to cut and paste it. Forgot to remove the first one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »