Home

all QBs on the demo are the same?

This is a discussion on all QBs on the demo are the same? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: all QBs on the demo are the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Mind telling me how to make substitutions?
I believe you can do this under formation substitutions.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdude1971
Apply your observation to every other position on the field.
No. The fact that Revis is the best defender in the demo is very obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I believe you can do this under formation substitutions.
Thanks.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #11
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise-Star-21
TBH, with you i actually noticed this to. Kind of like NCAA 11, You can put your 99 speed WR at qb and he would still be a all star qb . You can kind of tell this type of gameplay will favor a QB like Tebow, Pat White...etc..
I disagree 100% about the QBs in NCAA 11

My starting QB got hurt the rest of the year so my 50 some rated QB came in and couldnt hit anything.I have played 10 games with this guy so Im pretty positive this is not the case.I can tell a HUGE difference between the QBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
No. The fact that Revis is the best defender in the demo is very obvious.
Do you control Revis when you're playing?
Old 07-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I disagree 100% about the QBs in NCAA 11

My starting QB got hurt the rest of the year so my 50 some rated QB came in and couldnt hit anything.I have played 10 games with this guy so Im pretty positive this is not the case.I can tell a HUGE difference between the QBs.
Well i actually disagree 100% with that ^

I dont know about you, like i said, i put in any high speed player in NCAA11 no matter the position, i can still put up numbers .. pretty easy to be honest.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Playing on all-pro, I don't see this.

I've seen Manning 4/13 with the Jets pressure and Sanchez with the same results. To me, they play their like their real life counter-parts.

Maybe if backups are similar in ratings, 50's or 60's, you could get similar stats.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #15
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Playing on all-pro, I don't see this.

I've seen Manning 4/13 with the Jets pressure and Sanchez with the same results. To me, they play their like their real life counter-parts.

Maybe if backups are similar in ratings, 50's or 60's, you could get similar stats.
Yeah I can tell a diffrence as well.

Playing with the Jets, I put heavy pressure on Manning and it works at times, but then sometimes he calls the correct hot routes and protections and lands a quick bomb to Garcon.

As for Revis, he is a beast and better than the rest of my CBs. Reggie Wayne only catches 1 to 2, maybe 3 (tops) passes a game on Revis, and Im not controlling him either.

Sanchez can be pretty good, but every now and then he will over throw the ball, leading to a pick, thats with myself using him. I played on both All Pro and All Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #16
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdude1971
Do you control Revis when you're playing?
Sometimes... I skip around a lot.

The thing I like most about this game is that, like NCAA, it's unpredictable. I've probably played a dozen games now, and I still don't know what to expect. Yet, I'm noticing the right things happening on average.

I have a lot more confidence with Manning than Sanchez, Wayne is ol' reliable while Garcon is my playmaker. Alternatively, I have a strong running game with NY (usually) and am able to generate more pressure.

But none of these generalizations always happen. I have poor games with Manning and tear things up with Sanchez. My running game with New York is stiffled in some games, and sometimes Gonzales outshines both Wayne and Garcon.

I know this; no matter what, I have to work around Revis. I have to have my timing down pat. If I'm on point, I can beat him on timing routes (like comebacks) but if I'm a split second off, he'll jump it. I threw three interceptions to him in one game and I'm pretty sure I had my timing right in that one.

I had some suspicions that the ratings didn't feel right at first myself, but after some time, i started to notice them.

THAT SAID: I have a suspicion that not everyone's ratings were included. I know, i know, weird... it was a huge download right? They cut things for the demo for size right? Maybe many of the players ARE clones for the sake of space. Just a thought.

PS: There is DEFINITELY a difference in the QBs accuracy. Sanchez overthrows everything downfield, Manning is pinpoint virtually everywhere.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »