Home

madden 11 the rebirth of out route and comeback route

This is a discussion on madden 11 the rebirth of out route and comeback route within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: madden 11 the rebirth of out route and comeback route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
TNT,

What's your formula for throwing the comeback route, specifically against press man? For me, it takes a long time to develop. How do you work your eyes as far as pocket presence against the rush? Do you use slide protection when you call it?
If you are getting pressed by a good press corner, you won't be able to run that route if the WR can't beat it, just like the NFL. Always pick a play with multiple routes so you have a second and third read.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #18
Rookie

the drewster 7's Arena

OVR: 0

I havent had much success with comeback or out routes however slant, drag, and go routes seem to work well this year.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #19
Rookie

MrCheese's Arena

OVR: 1

I think we will see more high scoring games this year (unless a patch comes out that changes everything).

It seems that a lot of the changes were made to help the "Off" side of the ball, and not much was done to help the D. I wish we had some cool things to talk about when it comes to the D side of the ball.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
TNT,

What's your formula for throwing the comeback route, specifically against press man? For me, it takes a long time to develop. How do you work your eyes as far as pocket presence against the rush? Do you use slide protection when you call it?

Also, for me the rules seem to be different depending on what side of the field it is. Do you do anything different depending on which hashmark you're on?
The greatest thing about the comeback is the ability to sight adjust on the fly...

If it's press coverage, I'll wait til the receiver breaks jam and lead him based on his position after the break. If he breaks inside, I'll fire a bullet while the defender is still trailing. If he breaks outside, I'll lob the ball toward the sideline and allow him to run toward it.

If the CB is in a Deep Zone, I'll wait until the receiver turns then throw a line drive to the comeback point.

Against normal and loose man coverage, I'll throw the ball just before the WR makes his break. The DB will usually take two more steps upfield before turning leaving the WR alone to make an unmolested catch.

The only coverage I avoid is the dreaded buzz zone (purple) because there is usually help that limits the throwing lane. If it's a single defender though, I'll take a chance and user catch it 1-on-1.

As far as the rush, I live in I-Form. My backs take the outside rushers and I let the big guys take the inside rushers. When I maintain my pocket presence I can usually get time to get the pass away (assuming I'm setting up the comeback).

I like running comebacks to the wide side of the field... The more room there is to defend, the more there is to throw. I set this up by running often to the short side when I've stacked receivers on the wide side. after a few decent gains, the comeback/post combination from Twin WR works WONDERS.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »