Home

Let's talk about moves you'll make for your team in franchise mode.

This is a discussion on Let's talk about moves you'll make for your team in franchise mode. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #25
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Let's talk about moves you'll make for your team in franchise mode.

I have stuck by Alex Smith since he was drafted and I'm not going to stop now. The guy has every tool you need, he's just gotta put it all together, and last year was basically his real sophomore season.

It isn't saying much, I'll admit, but I firmly believe that he'll be the best QB in the division this year, and with an improved offensive line, Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Vernon Davis, and Frank Gore to get the ball too, he has the weapons.

Again, I believe Alex Smith will prove a lot of doubters wrong this year. If he doesn't, he's got nobody to blame this time but himself.

As for Morgan; he's a great illustration for locomotion. He's not that fast, but his burst upfield once he gets his hands on the ball is outstanding. He has great concentration and can catch the ball in a crowd, he's very good at picking up the ball in flight and adjusting his route on the fly in order to intercept the ball in flight where he has the best chance for a reception, and he's one of the best at breaking up field after the catch.

Plus he's a fighter. He doesn't pull that Terrell Owens bull**** "Oops, that's all the yards I'm going to pick up on this play so I think I'll lay down on the 50 yard line so I don't get hit" crap.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-01-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #26
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

[quote=jvaccaro;2041404459]cut WRs Aiken & Edelman, QB Robinson, DT Pryor, DEs Deaderick/Richards, HB Green-Ellis,

I am actually going to try and trade Moss and/or Welker and get younger at WR (last year I did this and had a recieving core of DeSean Jackson (Moss trade), Edelman, Aiken, and Tate (who should be even better this year). I also traded Welker to Bengals for CB Joseph and 2nd round pick

I also will try and get a young rb with high potential, since Maroney is horrible (hard to believe he was rated 90 two years ago)
Old 08-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 7

well being a chiefs franchise guy i definitely need HELP in a lot of places, first i'm going to have to try and get deeper at the O line i'll try free agency and then do some wheeling and dealing then the draft after that the D line i can live with my LB's for a couple years and i'm hoping my young secondary survives and progresses the way i'm hoping they should after that my WR's upgrade will start, i should be fine for awhile at RB with jamal charles but i do need an upgrade at FB hoping free agency or trade to help there, well if it all works out my chiefs should be playing for the SB title in about 5 years or at least thats my goal, i have the 5 year plan.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'll be using the gmen. Trading Osi and a pick for a young 85+ ROLB. Moving Clint Sintim from ROLB to DE. They just signed Keith Bullock and his position in Madden is ROLB so I'm going to move him in the middle. LBs will be set with Boley, Bullock and the trade addition. My LB corp went from below average to above average. Then ill sign free agent DT John Henderson at 87 ovr I believe. I'll try to trade Cofield but if i cant get a 4th or better I'll prolly just keep him. And thats all, ill be set.

DE:
Tuck
Kiwi
JPP
Sintim

DT:
Henderson
Canty
Cofiled
Alford
L. Joseph

LBs:
Boley
Bullock
Trade

CBs:
Webster
Thomas
Ross
Johnson

S:
Phillips
Rolle
Grant
Johnson

The offense is set. Not gonna make any moves there. I already know I can put up big numbers with Smith, Nicks and Manningham through the air and brusing back Jacobs along with Bradshaw on the ground.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 2

im using my chiefs first im going to see what's in the free agency then im thinking of trading for jimmy clausen or wait till draft an get terrell pryor get a pass rush d lineman through trade put glenn " big bust" dorsey at DT an run a run heavy offense
Old 08-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #30
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Trade Crayton for a 4th or 5th. That's about the only move I'll make before the season.

Post-season I'll try to move Barber or cut him to save $$$, same for Roy Williams and possibly T-New and Spears. With the Cowboys I'll be in cap hell fast if I don't watch salaries.

In the draft/FA I'll try to add WR/CB depth and a D-line starter (DE). MLB will be a priority as will HB if I lose Barber or Choice or both.

I'm looking forward to these new hand made rookies!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #31
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Well, I never really answered the question. My first season I plan to keep the default roster. not only is that sim, but There aren't any big changes I want to make. I like to build a team in the draft and maybe pick up a key free agent or something before the start of the season. Going into the season the three question marks are at QB, the secondary and how the two new offensive linemen we drafted will play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 02:13 AM   #32
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I'll run a 49er franchise and keep it very close to real life as I can, however I plan to rebuild a team with an old school smash mouth style running game. Ill trade for T. Gerhart and build around him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »