Home

I'm thinking about just getting Madden & NCAA 09

This is a discussion on I'm thinking about just getting Madden & NCAA 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 28
Re: I'm thinking about just getting Madden & NCAA 09

NCAA 11 is by far the best football game released by EA in a long time. It is definitely worth the money. Not to mention there is going to be major post release support with a new patch on the way as well as the ability to tune things each week and the ability to fix other items without a patch.

I don't want to use the demo to label Madden 11. I would wait and rent it. If you don't like it, I would definitely get a copy of Madden 10. Madden 10 is the best Madden since 2005. Not that the others were that awful but Madden 10 implemented a new engine and solid gameplay.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #10
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Good for you tomzens. Enjoy your money.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

it surprises me when ppl arent willing to buy this years game but when ur not even willing to fork out da cash for last years games it really makes me wonder how cheap ppl really are
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 01:17 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
it surprises me when ppl arent willing to buy this years game but when ur not even willing to fork out da cash for last years games it really makes me wonder how cheap ppl really are
being cheap?....don't you think some of these people wouldn't mind spending $65 for this year or any year Madden if it were worth it to them?....its not like they are just being picky or anything, there are legitimate reasons to feel the way they feel......and I don't think being cheap is one of them.

I think most of these same people are the ones who used to wait outside early in the morning for stores to open, or call in for work.....or place pre-orders...etc.......its kinda messed up to just label them cheap all of the sudden....

when Madden 08 first released I bought 2 copies....just so that I could play it at home and at my brothers place just so I didn't have to bring my copy with me every time I passed by there....
Old 08-02-2010, 01:55 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm down with NCAA '09 as well. Only next gen football game i'll play. All my fun money goes to my Camaro SS
Old 08-02-2010, 02:10 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

I just ordered NCAA 09. I`m playing Madden 09. I think it`s great. Look at the player models...you can see the different sizes in lineman and all other positions. Player models look larger than models in Madden 10. Gameplay speed is perfect. Great animation. No, it`s not perfect but it feels like real football to me. Weather conditions and muddy uniforms are great also. It`s a lot of fun and that`s all that is important. It`s not life or death, just have fun.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
being cheap?....don't you think some of these people wouldn't mind spending $65 for this year or any year Madden if it were worth it to them?....its not like they are just being picky or anything, there are legitimate reasons to feel the way they feel......and I don't think being cheap is one of them.

I think most of these same people are the ones who used to wait outside early in the morning for stores to open, or call in for work.....or place pre-orders...etc.......its kinda messed up to just label them cheap all of the sudden....

when Madden 08 first released I bought 2 copies....just so that I could play it at home and at my brothers place just so I didn't have to bring my copy with me every time I passed by there....
first of fall let me say i didnt write this to seem like an ******* i read over my post from earlier nd i think i had poor choice of words

with that said is spending 40 dollars more for a game you will play an entire year not justified? the majority of people on here will agree madden 11 will be an upgrade from 10 you get acurate updated rosters with all rookies pictures, the new features in the game, and all that good stuff. my point being is 40 dollars that much more especially to someone who i presume is employed (or they shouldnt be playing video games and posting on forums in the first place), or to a kid who is on summer vacation and could easily do work around the house or for neighbors to raise the money?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzenns
You can get both for under $10 at Gamestop, can't beat that.
I'm going to download the Fairdale Kings NCAA rosters, Simulate through the year to get to the 2010-2011 season, start a franchise in Madden 09 with user control of all the teams, sim through seasons and draft the players to the right teams while making off season deals.

The 09s weren't that bad of games. The default speed wasn't super slow, the jerseys got dirty. The only things I notice new in 10 are annoying. The QB talking on an invisible phone, the horrible halftime show, fight for the fumble, measuring the first down over and over.

To have both with updated rosters for $10 as opposed to $120 is alright with me. NCAA 11 is pretty awesome however, I probably will end up buying it again at some point, but for now...$10 will do just fine.
Madden 9 was pure dog poo. However I would choose NCAA 9 over NCAA 10.

Last thing though:
NCAA 11 is the best effort this gen for EA. Very, very good game IMO.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »