Home

Logic behind Game Flow Purpose

This is a discussion on Logic behind Game Flow Purpose within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Logic behind Game Flow Purpose

another thing it bugs me with gameflow is when playing Defense, it only shows me my selected assignment instead of showing me the whole defense play art.

I mean, as a team sports i need to be aware what are my teammates assignments too.
If i have deep support, of my SS will go blitzing, etc..

I think they should add the play desgin, as we see it on the playbook, right where we have the option to use gameflow and Open full Playbook.

Full playbook option, and remove the automatic play art from the in game.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #10
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
another thing it bugs me with gameflow is when playing Defense, it only shows me my selected assignment instead of showing me the whole defense play art.

I mean, as a team sports i need to be aware what are my teammates assignments too.
If i have deep support, of my SS will go blitzing, etc..

I think they should add the play desgin, as we see it on the playbook, right where we have the option to use gameflow and Open full Playbook.

Full playbook option, and remove the automatic play art from the in game.

Can't you just go to controller setting and turn on play art?

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #11
MVP

booker21's Arena

hmmm, i think that only woks on ncaa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
1. The coordinator explains the play, what to look out for, and who's the go-to guy -- just for noobs

2. If they're a noob, they don't know the old system had one less button press overall. For them, the new system is easier because it's centralized around the d-pad instead of L1/R1/Triangle/X...
1. I said the coordinator should give opponent tendencys(what real coordinators spend the whole game looking to exploit). The coordinator in this game explains only how to run the play it picked for you.

2. You proved my point for me. If they dont know the old system, how does learning a new system thats added a button press to do the same thing equate to simpler ? The left stick was just as easy to click as the left pad. What got simpler ? They consolidated some stuff to the d-pad at the expense of taking more time to input your call. Are you inputting adjustments any faster or easier with this new system ? Is it really worth the hype ?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
On defense i was refering to.....Since it goes by what package the offense comes out in (normal, 3 WR etc)....Gameflow will pick a random play based on how you rate it....So lets say, you have the Offense in 3rd and 1...They come out in a base set (2 WR 1 TE 2 RBs)....Now lets assume you rated cover 2 as a top choice (5 stars)...You know they are gonna run more than pass, but your given a BASE D and have to either audible or us the Strat -Pad (which still sucks IMHO)...Either picking your own plays or using ASK MAdden works so mjuch better.
Random means random. If you are rating the plays, the CPU is calling plays based on your ratings, it's not random, it's based on YOUR RATINGS.

If the CPU isn't calling the plays you like in the right situations, simply re-rating your plays will do the trick. Problem is that people must now learn how to rate their plays so they are called in the right situation. This is a NEW MADDEN SKILL that hardcore players will master, casual players will shun, and we'll end up in the same place we always do by this time next year.

Later
Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #14
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
hmmm, i think that only woks on ncaa.
Might be right...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Random means random. If you are rating the plays, the CPU is calling plays based on your ratings, it's not random, it's based on YOUR RATINGS.

If the CPU isn't calling the plays you like in the right situations, simply re-rating your plays will do the trick. Problem is that people must now learn how to rate their plays so they are called in the right situation. This is a NEW MADDEN SKILL that hardcore players will master, casual players will shun, and we'll end up in the same place we always do by this time next year.

Later
This ^, other than Tombsong, this was the only other thing that made sense. People seem to forget some of the simplest things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
On defense i was refering to.....Since it goes by what package the offense comes out in (normal, 3 WR etc)....Gameflow will pick a random play based on how you rate it....So lets say, you have the Offense in 3rd and 1...They come out in a base set (2 WR 1 TE 2 RBs)....Now lets assume you rated cover 2 as a top choice (5 stars)...You know they are gonna run more than pass, but your given a BASE D and have to either audible or us the Strat -Pad (which still sucks IMHO)...Either picking your own plays or using ASK MAdden works so mjuch better.
If it's 3rd and 1, and the offense comes out in 21 personnel, which is 2 WR's 1TE (as that other guy alluded to) and my "Normal" puts me in 4-3 Cover 2, that is a good defense to be in as it takes away the quick short reads, puts seven in the box to stop the run, and has decent deep coverage. That's what I'd want to be in for a short yardage situation.

Aside from that, that's what audibles are for, just like on M10, guy chooses 21 personnel but, oh crap he comes out with that personnel group as if its 5 WR, you audible to a defense better suited to handle that situation, its basic football knowledge. Where has the common sense gone around here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #16
MVP

booker21's Arena

CPU opponent calls plays only from the gameplan? or they use the whole playbook?
Does the CPU change their gameplan as well? or they always use default gameplan?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »