Home

Problem with deep ball catching

This is a discussion on Problem with deep ball catching within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
Rookie

mkeller25's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Problem with deep ball catching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
What blanking good does controlling him do when they way you hit the catch button has no impact on the animation you get???

You can tap the button, press the button, or hold it and you get random animation catch attempts with all three so what is the point of user catching in this gen Madden???
100% agree
Old 08-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #10
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Also, it occurs when you user catch.

Last year it was the 'pointlessly jump and get spun 180 degrees on your head', this year they've removed it and replaced it with 'jump, get hit in the back, get your head jerked forward and drop it'

ARGHHH
Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #11
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

lol, this is one of those things I've never noticed...but YAC has been an issue in madden for a decade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm jealous you can throw it deep and catch it in madden. I haven't been able to throw it deep in over 15 years.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhouston12
I'm jealous you can throw it deep and catch it in madden. I haven't been able to throw it deep in over 15 years.
Pretty well done this year, all in all, from my time with the demo
Old 08-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
What blanking good does controlling him do when they way you hit the catch button has no impact on the animation you get???

You can tap the button, press the button, or hold it and you get random animation catch attempts with all three so what is the point of user catching in this gen Madden???
I also agree with this. The same way there are 3 pressure sensitive type of throws, the same HAS to be with catching. A tapping it results in a jump and holding it runs in stride. When I rarely get open and the situation causes for a logical running in stride movement, I tend to hold "Y" and more often than not I get that result, but it should ALWAYS be that way. Sometime I am not so lucky
Old 08-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mig_11
I also agree with this. The same way there are 3 pressure sensitive type of throws, the same HAS to be with catching. A tapping it results in a jump and holding it runs in stride. When I rarely get open and the situation causes for a logical running in stride movement, I tend to hold "Y" and more often than not I get that result, but it should ALWAYS be that way. Sometime I am not so lucky
It should be that way with all the controls!
The way you press the button should impact the attempted move. Guys are always talking about their "stick skills" what skill is involved when the animations are all random and your input has no impact on the type of move/action attempted????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 19

They have leaping animations mostly because there is no ( or very very little) catching and falling in Madden. Everyone has the balance of an alley cat. So to catch the ball in stride everytime would result in high scores so they have to allow the defense the opportunity to catch up sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »