Home

I put in Madden 10 yesterday...wow

This is a discussion on I put in Madden 10 yesterday...wow within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #9
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: I put in Madden 10 yesterday...wow

After playing the Madden 11 Demo, I went to play Madden 10 and the only huge difference was in the running game. Other than Gus, there was no real difference to me.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Just the opposite. I haven't finished a game on the demo yet, whereby just last night I completed an entire game in my M10 franchise.......

Besides the lighting and Gus, both games feel similar to me.
LOL crazy... Game is 10 times improved.

1. Much improved blocking. My running backs actually pick up the blitz. Pass blocking linemen actually do better in pass blocking than run blocking. Their attributes show. When I played with the Jets, pass blocking was not so good as Mathis and Freeney were getting in consistently, but as I ran the ball the Jets O-line shined. Opposite with the Colts, I barely got sacked with Peyton Manning and had way more time to throw.

2. No more HIT STICK from 5 feet away and cause a fumble. I noticed that the hit stick is far more realistic. You actually have to be in the right position and is not as easy as past years.

3. The days were 50+ yard field goals were automatic are over. Although the kicking is not super hard, I do see guys missing a lot more.

4. No more last second throwing incompletions. I remember last year when you barely got the ball off without a full throwing motion it was called an incomplete pass... not this year, if that arm is not in a full throwing motion its a fumble.

5. Sideline catching is on point. Curl routes actually work. Now when you run a curl and the receiver catches the ball he turns and goes upfield instead of losing yards!

6. Defense finesse moves on block shed are not automatic anymore.

7. Locomotion is sick! No more covering the entire field with just one player. Now swticthing directions takes away speed, momentum, agility, acceleration, etc. Every player feels different. You can really feel the difference.

8. Cornerbacks hit the ball out of your receivers hands when they catch it.

9. QB throwing motions are sick! I also noticed when you pump fake sometimes the defender on that side gets faked out and sometimes he doesn't. Play action is no longer as effective as last year. I remember last year you didn't even have to establish a run and you were able to play action with ease and the defense ALWAYS bit. Heck guys would even play action on 3rd and 20 and get a first down.

10. Way more animations! No more same ol' jump in the air and get flipped animation. I have seen several different animations.

11. Realism, man I feel like I am actually playing with the Colts or Jets. The player faces are ridiculously sick. The crowd is much improved.

12. Gus Johnson is an uprade from Hammond. Game feels more exciting.

13. Wider cameras.

This is just to name a few based off the demo.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

I have to agree 100% with DaCarver13, everything he pointed out is correct. Just to touch on a few of his points, he mentioned the inability to cover the entire field with one player. I'm a diehard Ravens fan. Any Madden player with stick skills and the Ravens defense probably had a field day usering that guy that wears No.20..you know..the safety If the demo is any indication, no longer will I be able to lurk, jump routes, and gamble without consequences if I guess wrong. Locomotion is truly a game changing aspect for this year. We also know that in Madden for a long time there have been routes that were truly obsolete. Curls? Outs? Yeah..if you want to throw a pick 6.. No longer! No more warping hitsticks! Gus is great! I just can't wait to get the retail copy. Thank ya.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea I know the feeling bro. I've had that same problem with madden in the past. After playing a newer version of madden it is usually harder for me to go back to the older copy of madden. It's the same with FPS games aswell. When you find a newer FPS game then your old one. You get use to the newer one and then it is always hard togo back to the old one. I think that is with most sports games and FPS games. Once you get use to a newer versio of the old one. The newer version usually is better unless it plain sucks. But again I do get your feeling on not been able to play madden 10 since playing madden 11.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Yep, exactly. With my anticipation for M11 building I actually considered re-renting M10 just to hold me over..then I thought about why I traded it in, in the first place...M10 just doesn't get it done in so many areas. Besides..only a week left barring an early break, I think I can make it.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #14
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Just the opposite. I haven't finished a game on the demo yet, whereby just last night I completed an entire game in my M10 franchise.......

Besides the lighting and Gus, both games feel similar to me.
I agree with you..
Old 08-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #15
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8

I totally agree less than a week man!

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #16
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCarver13
LOL crazy... Game is 10 times improved.

1. Much improved blocking. My running backs actually pick up the blitz. Pass blocking linemen actually do better in pass blocking than run blocking. Their attributes show. When I played with the Jets, pass blocking was not so good as Mathis and Freeney were getting in consistently, but as I ran the ball the Jets O-line shined. Opposite with the Colts, I barely got sacked with Peyton Manning and had way more time to throw.

2. No more HIT STICK from 5 feet away and cause a fumble. I noticed that the hit stick is far more realistic. You actually have to be in the right position and is not as easy as past years.

3. The days were 50+ yard field goals were automatic are over. Although the kicking is not super hard, I do see guys missing a lot more.

4. No more last second throwing incompletions. I remember last year when you barely got the ball off without a full throwing motion it was called an incomplete pass... not this year, if that arm is not in a full throwing motion its a fumble.

5. Sideline catching is on point. Curl routes actually work. Now when you run a curl and the receiver catches the ball he turns and goes upfield instead of losing yards!

6. Defense finesse moves on block shed are not automatic anymore.

7. Locomotion is sick! No more covering the entire field with just one player. Now swticthing directions takes away speed, momentum, agility, acceleration, etc. Every player feels different. You can really feel the difference.

8. Cornerbacks hit the ball out of your receivers hands when they catch it.

9. QB throwing motions are sick! I also noticed when you pump fake sometimes the defender on that side gets faked out and sometimes he doesn't. Play action is no longer as effective as last year. I remember last year you didn't even have to establish a run and you were able to play action with ease and the defense ALWAYS bit. Heck guys would even play action on 3rd and 20 and get a first down.

10. Way more animations! No more same ol' jump in the air and get flipped animation. I have seen several different animations.

11. Realism, man I feel like I am actually playing with the Colts or Jets. The player faces are ridiculously sick. The crowd is much improved.

12. Gus Johnson is an upgrade from Hammond. Game feels more exciting.

13. Wider cameras.

This is just to name a few based off the demo.
QFT. This is how I feel about the game. I thought M10 was huge leap over '06-'09... and M11 feels like a refined version of M10. IMO, the new locomotion is probably the best thing they've done with Madden and NCAA in years! You can really "feel" the difference in the game. I'll be enjoying both games this year for sure!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »