Home

IF Brett Favre retires, will you use him in your franchise?

This is a discussion on IF Brett Favre retires, will you use him in your franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: IF Favre retires, will you still use him in your franchise?
Yes 10 22.73%
No 34 77.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: IF Brett Favre retires, will you use him in your franchise?

I'll be making his overall rating as low as possible so nobody signs him.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedeaf
x2...if he retires, hes gonna be retired in madden too.

although im going to have 2 separate rosters saved. One with the players the game came shipped with and another for the roster updates.
Thats a very good point about keep 2 rosters, I wish we could export players out of a roster and import them into a new one, we had a case last year when Crabtree was deleted completly from the roster, and because when I was halfway through a franchise I couldnt sign him (when he singed in the real world) he wasnt there!! I cant even create a player in Franchise mode either,

on another note wouldnt it be great if they let us import our own portraits for created players too, but that would be asking to much they want us to get madden 12
Old 08-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I like Favre as a season vet. But I got a young team in the panthers I want to keep young. He wouldn't be worth the trade. So pretty much no.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 11:59 PM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I'm going with the default rosters, so yeah, he'll be in my franchise.

But seriously, does anybody think he's actually going to stay retired this time either? I suspect he'll be back before the season starts.
LOL with favre nothing is for sure right now. But he needs to stay retired. He has nothing really to prove any more.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Nope. I'll keep it as realistic as I can.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:37 AM   #14
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Aside from his face, he doesn't even really look or move like Bret Favre in Madden. There is no personality there honestly. What would be the point?

Madden 10

Real Life

The signature throwing styles are nice, but Favre just doesn't look and feel like Favre. He just feels generic and inserted, which is because he was.

Phil has said in the past that the hand towels were hard enough to "get in the game" [they bug out all the time flipping up in the air for no reason, still in Madden 11 - my source is You Tube videos showing just that and the demo] that having a "shirt-like jersey" in madden for players like Bret Favre would be really difficult. Right now madden and NCAA only have the form fitting jerseys. When he doesn't look like Favre, doesn't scramble or move like Favre, and they don't have/play Favre unique celebrations, what, I ask again, is the point?

P.S. In madden 09 I traded Favre to the Bears for a franchise and got him a receiver to throw to. It was a fun one season franchise to play. 09 still had the unique voice acting for NFL QBs.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-04-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:43 AM   #15
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Nope. I'll keep it as realistic as I can.
I am the same but I honestly think he will be starting week 5 so to keep it realistic I am keeping him in.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 03:52 AM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
LOL with favre nothing is for sure right now. But he needs to stay retired. He has nothing really to prove any more.
Agreed.

However, he still wants to win. I don't see Favre hanging his cleets up until one of three things happens:

1.) He wins it all. this way he can feel good about walking away. He wants to leave on top like John Elway and very few others.

2.) He is finally too hurt to keep going. With a 40, going on 41 year old body this is becoming more and more likely. Unless he gets a ring though, he may bring that upon himself.

3.) He feels his arm just isn't there anymore. Last year was a great example. He keeps himself is great shape for his age and he started with a cannon arm. Some day it will give, it has to, but I don't think this is that day/year. I see him retiring if he feels he can no longer compete at a high level. I don't see him pulling a Jerry rice and hanging on for 2+ seasons too many.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »