Home

Madden 11 best run game to date?

This is a discussion on Madden 11 best run game to date? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #17
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 11 best run game to date?

I think the human running game is great this year. Just hoping the CPU run game is also good. Kind of hard to tell from the demo.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
A resounding no, the running animation in itself is an eye sore, the blocking while now opening up lanes is still way too static, which makes the running game's appearance less dynamic. RB's constantly get their moves canceled out in favor of a random tackle animation and because of the current tackling system, the running game is nothing more than a constant 1 vs 1 ordeal between the RB and a defender; unless of course you randomly get assigned a pro-tak moment, which can further cause unrealistic results. And last but not least, the locomotion doesn't seem to do or factor in foot planting very well, which makes the RB sometime move forward without even having their feet on the ground, and make unrealistic cuts.
Well I've seen more than one defender tackling the runner so I don't know why you're getting a lot of 1-Vs-1. I've also had LBs shoot their gaps and catch me behind the line of scrimage when I don't have enough blockers in front of me. So there isn't really holes-a-plenty. It depends on the defender how long it takes them to shed a block too.

Until I played this demo 2K had the top running game. With 2K you could break tackles with the speed burst button. Madden has you using the analog sticks. IMO Madden's running game is tops in my book. Believe me this isn't easy coming from a 2K fan.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan52
From what I saw in the demo running will be very satisfying this year, I'm looking forward to smashing LBs with Beanie and Timmy. Finally I can have a Offense that can depend on the run.
Unless you have a tank of a runningback the LBs don't get run over that much.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:16 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21

this part at 2:45 is one of the most realistic running plays I have seen in my life...
the RB's animation....just check out his feet, unreal..that is not a "one juke move command button" being used to create that animation in the very beginning, that is all with the left analog stick....also great blocks by the fullback and WR......I saw this 2 months ago, and it is still in my head O_o

video will automatically start at exactly 2:46
Old 08-05-2010, 02:45 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
I have to say I'm a BIG 2K football fan and after playing the Madden 11 demo Madden has the best run game to date. IMO Madden has finally did something better than 2K. It took them 6 years to do it but they've done it.

The CPU passing game still needs work but the running game is spot on. Oh yeah and I have to say they edged out 2K in special teams too.
I vehemently disagree. While I certainly think Madden 11 is an improvement over Madden 10, it still lacks the raw momentum that you feel when you lug a ESPN 2k5 RB through the O-line. The tapping, while gimmicky at times, is almost unparalled in making you feel like you're actually trudging through 200lb+ men. It makes for a visceral running experience that I don't think any game has really imitated yet.

Plus, I'm not a big fan of M11 making the sprinting "automatic". Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm not even really controlling my guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 03:10 AM   #22
Rookie

CFTejada's Arena

OVR: 7

Hope theirs D to stop the run; it's TOO Effective & smh at all the broken tackles if these things are fixed - Madden11 will be the best game on NG for sure..

Falcons
Braves
Bulldogs
Old 08-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
this part at 2:45 is one of the most realistic running plays I have seen in my life...
the RB's animation....just check out his feet, unreal..that is not a "one juke move command button" being used to create that animation in the very beginning, that is all with the left analog stick....also great blocks by the fullback and WR......I saw this 2 months ago, and it is still in my head O_o
I have Backbreaker and while you don't see the same tackle animations over and over again the rest of it is junk. That may have been the worst example video I have seen. I guess you didn't notice the runningback juking in strange directions in that video.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFTejada
Hope theirs D to stop the run; it's TOO Effective & smh at all the broken tackles if these things are fixed - Madden11 will be the best game on NG for sure..
Thats what the sliders are for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »