Home

Official Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #209
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread

Just posted the following in the "official thread" for bugs, etc, but thought I would post here too, if anyone has a workaround or has encountered something similar???

Several times now at the end of a season, after going into off-season mode and entering STAFFING I have been told I need to hire a coach, when I have the coach for that position already hired. Some examples:
a) Have coach hired and listed in current staff BUT hire a new coach for that same position (either D-coord or O-coord, it was the first one) because the game will NOT let you advance without doing that of course. THEN have two coaches listed for the same position???
b) Have had a couple of post-seasons when same thing happens, told I need to hire a new O-coord, but have one already (in this case Russ Grimm, O-coord, if it matters).
- first time I fired him, then went to re-hire (I recall, on submit, that he had been then offered a HC job elsewhere, but I persisted and re-rigned him as O-coord, for a lot more money than prior to firing him).
c) Very similar (and just happened). Told I need an O-coord at the end of the year, but still have Russ!
- Fired him again and then re-hired for 2 years
d) The NEXT year after situation "c" above, I'm again told that I need a new O-coord! Ugh...guess I'll fire poor Russ yet again and maybe go with someone else. Sorry Russ!

I'm at year 2022 in the franchise (BEARS) and simming ALL the games now at this point, if that matters.

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Old 11-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #210
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59
Just posted the following in the "official thread" for bugs, etc, but thought I would post here too, if anyone has a workaround or has encountered something similar???

Several times now at the end of a season, after going into off-season mode and entering STAFFING I have been told I need to hire a coach, when I have the coach for that position already hired. Some examples:
a) Have coach hired and listed in current staff BUT hire a new coach for that same position (either D-coord or O-coord, it was the first one) because the game will NOT let you advance without doing that of course. THEN have two coaches listed for the same position???
b) Have had a couple of post-seasons when same thing happens, told I need to hire a new O-coord, but have one already (in this case Russ Grimm, O-coord, if it matters).
- first time I fired him, then went to re-hire (I recall, on submit, that he had been then offered a HC job elsewhere, but I persisted and re-rigned him as O-coord, for a lot more money than prior to firing him).
c) Very similar (and just happened). Told I need an O-coord at the end of the year, but still have Russ!
- Fired him again and then re-hired for 2 years
d) The NEXT year after situation "c" above, I'm again told that I need a new O-coord! Ugh...guess I'll fire poor Russ yet again and maybe go with someone else. Sorry Russ!

I'm at year 2022 in the franchise (BEARS) and simming ALL the games now at this point, if that matters.
The hiring of coaches is a rather simple solution: you check your current available coaches and see what is needed; if you find one coach still hired and that position needs to be filled, you fire the coach and either rehire him or hire someone else.

I am in year 2022 (offline franchise) and play every game except Pro Bowl.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #211
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
The hiring of coaches is a rather simple solution: you check your current available coaches and see what is needed; if you find one coach still hired and that position needs to be filled, you fire the coach and either rehire him or hire someone else.

I am in year 2022 (offline franchise) and play every game except Pro Bowl.
Thanks for reply.
And good job playing all those games!

I did fire and re-hire the same coach (as I noted, to a two year contract), but then the next year it also showed a need, yet he was still on his second year.
That's, in fact, where I am right now.
THIS time around I just kept Russ, my current OC, and hired another OC, so I have two people at that position!
We'll see how that works.

Not a game breaker...just puzzling/annoying.

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #212
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59
Thanks for reply.
And good job playing all those games!

I did fire and re-hire the same coach (as I noted, to a two year contract), but then the next year it also showed a need, yet he was still on his second year.
That's, in fact, where I am right now.
THIS time around I just kept Russ, my current OC, and hired another OC, so I have two people at that position!
We'll see how that works.

Not a game breaker...just puzzling/annoying.
Just fire the coach still current and then you won't have two coaches. You fire him before signing another coach.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #213
JVM
Banned

In case you don't know, I think it's the R2 button you use to see current coaches--and then fire the one that needs it.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #214
Rookie

OVR: 2

The "occasion bar" (MNF/SNF/TNF) has been blank my last few games that have had these occasions.... Not a major problem or gamebreaker but just wondering why and if there is a fix?
Old 11-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #215
JVM
Banned

I played the Super Bowl in Dallas with a domed stadium and it was raining!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 11:26 PM   #216
Rookie

OVR: 0

Jeez. This play is pretty strict for even the smallest things. Im not trying to spam or break rules. Im not even trolling. Im just a guy asking for help.

If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated. I try to select every team in franchise mode yet after I do that I can only control the Bears.

Even when I press R1 it doesnt go anywhere it just stays on Chicago.

"I study film like a coach and listen like a rookie"

---Ray Lewis

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »